logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
I don't have to share the blankets because I hog them all in my sleep. ;)

Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
A
I'm trying to understand what being single to me is. Being able to not depend on someone for support is a good thing. Independence teaches me how to love myself. I still have a ways to go, but I'm trying. I'm going to college, I own a home, but something seems to be missing, what I'm trying to say is, should I just completely focus on my goals,and work for materialistic things? I feel like I'm in a rat race with a bunch of other people ready to cut each others heads off, then again I could be wrong. But I was thinking about the cars people drive and somehow gaining some type of "social status" by that car. I know I'm competitive, but I really don't like living like that. I mean is this supposed to be some kind of game I'm supposed to enjoy?

I've been single again for almost four years now and while I miss my late husband I have to admit that I have grown a lot by being on my own. My life is rich. I have plenty of family and friends. I travel solo and love it. I'm dating again. We'll see whether I ever decide to partner up again.

Gecko
Gecko
This 3 day weekend is mine - all mine - and I love it that way. It is a writing/cooking/jewelry making retreat.

When I was married or even dating - I seemed to be the kind of person that will give up "themselves" to make the other person happy.....

Robin Rounds Whittemore
Card Games Editor
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
I'm married and I do give in to what everyone else wants most of the time. Sometimes, it is because I don't have a preference in the situation; other times, it is because I want to see the other person happy.

But there are times, like tonight, when I made a decision that he did not like and I stuck to my guns, he was clearly annoyed. Why can't we just respect each other's choices even when we don't agree with them? I'm dog-sitting for a friend and did not want to leave the dog to go to the gym with him. I feel that I took on the responsibility while he feels the dog can be left alone just fine. We're both right but I wanted to do what I wanted to do and now I feel as though I disappointed him. It is not a good feeling.

So there are perks to being single. Not having to compromise over every little decision is one of them!

I can feel your frustration, I am re-married and share my dog of 9 years with my X wife, my x and I get along fine now. She is re-married like me end everything is OK. My new wife battles with me everytime I get my dog for a few days about 2-3 per month. I will NOT give up my love for my dog for anyone,animals are wonderful and do not make life hard for us. If the cards were turned, I would be fine with her and the dog if it made her happy.At this moment, being single again would be very nice.

Gecko
Gecko
Good for you for sticking to your guns about your dog!

Robin Rounds Whittemore
Card Games Editor
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Mark, it seems that your new wife views your dog as a sentimental remnant of your first marriage.

And when you say you won't give up your love for your dog for anyone, it makes it clear to your new wife that she is second in your life.

This would make any wife very insecure. And yet, I can understand how you feel. I feel for you because it's not an easy situation for any of you.

The solution would be to find a way for your new wife to bond with your dog. She's very immature to take out her insecurities out on an innocent dog, though. Gosh, who can't love a dog? No matter who it belongs to? A dog has room in his heart to love lots of people!

If anything happened between my husband and me, I would not remarry. I can't imagine having to go through all the adjustments with a new partner!

It dissapoints me that she doesnt get it. she doesnt want me associated with my X but we get along fine and her husband and I get along great. If you have trust everything should be fine.We only talk talk to when it has to do with the dog.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Originally Posted By: Mark J
If you have trust everything should be fine.

Hmmm. You pinpointed the problem.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cy_Single_Life 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.