Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Ah, ok, that makes more sense! So there are 8 "rounds" of classes in a year, and each round is 5 weeks long. You take one at a time, so at the end of each year you have finished with 8 classes.

How long will it take you to finish the degree at that pace?

The way Northeastern is set up *could* be considered as similar to this. I'll try to simplify it because it can be confusing.

There are four quarters in a year. So spring, summer, fall, winter. Summer is 8 weeks long and the other quarters are 12 weeks long.

In a given quarter you can take a "full length course" - so 8 or 12 weeks depending on what quarter you are in.

However, Northeastern also offers "double speed courses" which run for half the time. You can start them at the first or second half of a quarter.

So for example in the fall you can take English 1004 as a full 12 week course, for "all fall". You can take English 1004 as a "first half of fall" course, for 6 weeks. Or you can take English 1004 as a "second half of fall" course, for 6 weeks.

So if we look at Northeastern in terms of taking their double speed courses, they then have 8 sections in a year, just like you. The summer sections are 4 weeks long. "First half of summer" and "second half of summer". The other sections are all 6 weeks long.

They expect students to take at least 2 classes per section except in the summer when they expect 1 class per section. So at the end of the year you end up having taken 14 classes total.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
We're still waiting on one of my previous schools to get the transcripts in to see where my standing actually is. But, basically I think I should be done in about 2 years (if I'm figuring it correctly). That's for a B.A., I can get it done a little more quickly, but based on the minimum number of hours prescribed by the FAFSA requirements, I think the 8 courses equal 24 hours, or 12 per semester which is full-time. I'll probably get closer to 15/semester, but we'll see. smile

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
That's great that you're only two years away! Congratulations! I'm sure the time will fly by smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patricia PN - DL Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.