Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
Amoeba
Amoeba
E
Those men lurking outside the ladies' rooms might just be fathers waiting for their daughters, ya never know! I "lurk" outside the restroom when my husband is in there and he probably "lurks" while waiting for me too. I just have to stand by my paranoia comment. It's not only parents though. We're all as a society paranoid out of our minds because we have access to news instantaneously and it's always bad and crazy things happening in that news. The odds of bad things actually happening haven't changed much in most places but our perception is out of whack because we're so linked in nowadays.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
Okay, these men were not lurking outside the restrooms. It's a bathroom with one toilet. Just one. The door locks from the inside. The door was not locked and it was ajar (on the most recent occasion), so I pushed open the door and entered just like I would any bathroom door that is ajar when I am going to use it.

So it's not like I'm walking into a bathroom with several stalls. It's a single toilet bathroom. The men's room is right next to it (with signage), and apparently it is free because someone always enters it while I'm standing there trying to figure out if I have opened the wrong door or not.

This has happened on three different occasions (different places), and it's starting to concern me. I now knock loudly no matter what and enter with caution.

Anyway, that's neither here nor there. They're not lurking. And they do come out, so I don't think they're in there waiting for someone to enter (gosh, I hope not).

If they'd just lock the door, it wouldn't be a problem. I just feel so embarrassed when I walk in. And I shouldn't be embarrassed, but I am.

I agree with the previous posters about how we are so overly-informed that we are starting to become paranoid. I'm all for getting as much information as possible, but I think sometimes we need to step back and consider that what we see and hear on the news is not the norm thankfully. If it were the norm, it wouldn't be news anymore. It's sad that there are people who will hurt children, and it's sad that parents have to be so worried about it. I wanted children and was unable to have them, and I honestly think I wouldn't have been able to rest easy if I were a parent. I'd worry constantly and probably make my kid wear a helmet while playing in the back yard on the grass. I'm one of those people who would buy knee pads for my kid as it learns to crawl.

Innocence is gone now, and it is kind of sad that it has to be this way.

L
L
I totally Agree! I went to the movies the other day, and while I was in the ladies room there was a young boy and his sister running around probably looking in the stalls. I couldn't even relax to go to the bathroom waiting for them to come around and look in my stall. The thing is.. I wasn't so much ticked off at the kids as I was at their adle brained Mother. What was wrong with her? Granted the boy wasn't 12, but he was at least 7! If you have to take your sons into the ladies room, at least have enough respect to keep them under control. Is that too much to ask?

S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
I understand a parent not wanting their young child to wait outside while you use a public restroom, but, parents also need to understand my desire, as a child free adult, to not be peeped on when I need to use a public restroom....yes, this has happened to me. I asked the mother TWICE to please stop her child from looking through the crack in the door on my stall...and only got an apathetic "Stop it. Don't watch that lady pee."

C
Shark
Shark
C
swearbear , it would have been soooo hillarious if you would have had a squirt bottle of water to spray the little bug*** through the crack in the door. (Something to think about).
laugh

cp

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.