logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
F
My special place for many years was a spot in my own back yard. Admittedly, my yard encompassed 40 acres of what had once been Finnish farm land and all of it was wonderfully private ... but just outside my back door, a 3-6' across (depending on the season) shallow brookie trout creek bubbled along over a smooth rock and gravel riverbed. It bent in a curve across my yard and I kept the grass mowed to plush velvet right to the edge of the water on the house side of the creek. The opposite side was allowed to grow wild and I occasionally glimpsed a young fox or river otter or white-tail deer as it came down for a drink ... usually early in the morning. I planted a variety of low-growing mint along the edge of the creek. Not only did it feel wonderful underfoot and scented the air with it's mild perfume when walked on, but sent up heady plumes of minty scent when I mowed the lawn. When I needed peace and quiet, I would talk a blanket or a lounge chair to the edge of the creek and just sit or lie there in the quiet. Just the gentle sound of the quiet, cheerful water, the occasional tree frog chirping or song bird ... I've never found a spot I felt more at peace. I have photos - someday I will do as I've promised myself and enlarge my favorite photo into a mural for my bedroom wall. If I ever learn to meditate, this is where my "place" will be.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Wow! What a descriptive post! I have found many,'places in nature,' in my travels but never have found one that satisfies. I was raised in 8 states and in the last 4 years have traveled South America finding many special places but not one that satisfies. Do you have any idea why? (I will ask my therapist) You have encouraged me to created descriptions of some of my travel photos of these special places I seemed to find one of in every pueblo or town. Maybe BelloOnline has a place for this kind of share. Thanks so much!

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I was just outside under the full moon and the snow was sparkling as if it was dusted in diamonds. It was SO pretty. Breathtaking!

I adore snow smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
I
Shark
Shark
I
[NO comment on the snow, Lisa!]
;-)

We've had some quite thick fog the last several mornings... my husband, who works third shift, commented one morning as he arrived home from work that in the midst of all the fog he could smell the ocean... remarkable, here in the Midwest!

Be Well,
Doxi
Founder & Chief Whiner
S.N.E.R.T.s
Survivors of Nearly Every Rotten Thing
D
D
I like to write in my journal under a tree near the grocery store where I shop. Also there are two parks that are great for journaling and I have a favorite spot at the library.I always do that inside for some reason.

Last edited by BellaOnline; 03/24/10 01:33 AM.
dhiufg #592409 03/24/10 01:36 AM
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
We've had fog the past few days, it's been gorgeous! I love how it billows and rolls in mysterious patterns smile

Low Carb Forum
I
Shark
Shark
I
Oh, yes, Lisa.... that rolling fog! Like the mysterious old movies that take place on the English moors!
There you are.
All alone.
All alone with The FOG.

And the fog feels like it wants to wrap itself around you and.................................................................

Be Well,
Doxi
Founder & Chief Whiner
S.N.E.R.T.s
dhiufg #592747 03/25/10 02:46 PM
D
D
[quote=dhiufg]Also there are two parks that are great for journaling and I have a favorite spot at the library.[/quote] I found a spot at the library, too! My library has this awesome window seat that's padded and long enough for me to stretch out (miraculous since I'm over six feet tall). It has floor-to-ceiling windows and I can just sit in there and write for hours. It feels almost like being outside because the sun comes streaming through. I love it.

I
Shark
Shark
I
When we were first looking at the house that we live in now, I fell in love with the HUGE bedroom closets. One in particular has a window seat and a wee little window that looks down on a tree-filled street.

I walked into that closet and saw ME. A young me. Sitting there at that window seat, dreaming and writing....

Be Well,
Doxi
Founder & Chief Whiner
S.N.E.R.T.s
IH8FMS #594314 04/05/10 07:39 PM
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
That sounds gorgeous Doxi. I love window seats. I have always wanted one. Bob refuses to build one for me. Maybe I should just buy one smile

Low Carb Forum
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  kkgarcia 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Fabric Flowers for Spring
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/15/24 10:40 PM
Review - Animated Illustrations by Jamie Bartlett
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/14/24 02:52 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/13/24 08:26 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/13/24 06:20 PM
Review - Adobe Animate Essential Training
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:15 PM
Learn EVERYTHING about Creating Repeat Patterns
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:04 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/11/24 04:36 PM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.