logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 29 of 46 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 45 46
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
OH yes, Ferrets ARE weasels...and do not assume that your weasel is a "weasel". They often "ferret" out facts and information for us. Incidentally, my madien initials were WSL (weasel) and are now WSH (wish). =]

After 2 weeks of skunk freeness I came home to the familiar aroma.

I also had 2 tom cats yowling it out on my neighbors lawn Weds night. I do not look forward to kitten season, and will definitely start live catching these kitties to have them neutered.

Last edited by Wendy Tall One; 03/06/10 02:46 AM.

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I love your initials - how unique!

So another skunk foud its way to your neighborhood. My son has a skunk that comes around often for kitty food, but so far has not left its "calling card".

Kitten season is maddening, especially when they yowl at night when you're trying to sleep!

Today is so overcast and I have not seen any critters yet, except for quail. They are sitting on a big rock up the hill. That is usually where one of the hawks sit.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
driving home from pow wow today there were 2 red tails circling each other as I got onto the on ramp to head home.

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Just got back from SC. On the way up I saw a Golden Eagle. I saw a bald eagle a few weeks ago, but haven't seen a Golden in many years. Three hawks swooped down to remind me to pay attention and I also saw 3 osprey. But the most unusual was the llama in a pen on the edge of the highway, sitting in the warm sun. My return trip was later in the day and uneventful, but I was still in awe of the eagle circling above my car.

Last edited by lcp012586; 03/08/10 11:20 PM.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
We went out for a drive today. It was very cold, but bright and sunny. We saw two marmots running around in a plowed field. They were so fat! At Frenchman's Lake we saw two ravens chasing a hawk.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
what did he look like Phyl? We had shinned hawks that hung out at the front entrance to the development I lived in in SC

The hawk was slightly smaller than the ravens - it looked like a young red-tail due to the coloring and feather patterns on the under side. It did not look like a shinned hawk or cooper's (it was not as small as a Cooper's). The ravens were quite large.

Did you ever hear that story of when Creator was giving all the animals special symbolic meanings and tasks? Creator came to the last two birds, Hawk and Raven, and said I will now choose the most beautiful bird , one that flies almost as high as Eagle and can carry messages between me and the people. Raven squawked and kept jumping up and down saying, "Me! Me, me, me, choose me for I am the most beautiful and fly swift and high." This angered Creator and He said, "Raven, you will be the most annoying and boiterous of all birds. Hawk, because you are humble and polite and beautiful, you will be my messenger." To this day, Raven is jealous of Hawk and chases him everytime they meet.

Last edited by Phyllis, Native American; 03/11/10 01:43 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
It is so windy out this afternoon. It amazes me that the red-tail hawk can hover in one spot for so long. But, to see him do it in this wind is so awesome to watch. I am sitting here looking out and up above the hill is the big red-tail, just hovering there with seemingly little effort.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Yesterday I tossed out a lot of peanuts (in the shell) for the squirrels. I have not seen any squirrels after them yet, but this morning there are several Western Scrub Jays out there fighting over the peanuts. They are noisy birds! I love to watch them. They come and take a peanut then fly off to bury it. Such busy little birds!

Phyllis Doyle Burns
I tossed more peanuts out early this morning and the squirrels finally found them. It is so fun to watch them. They each stuff one or two in their mouths, run back to the hill and bury the peanuts. They dig a hole quickly, drop the peanut in, then cover it up and stomp the dirt down. They are so clever.

The quail also came down this morning to see what was going on and I saw the jackrabbits running around chasing each other ( I think we may have some little JR's soon.
I also saw a cottontail a few minutes ago. The first one I have seen this year.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Page 29 of 46 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 45 46

Moderated by  Sacred Tobacco Woman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Fabric Flowers for Spring
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/15/24 10:40 PM
Review - Animated Illustrations by Jamie Bartlett
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/14/24 02:52 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/13/24 08:26 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/13/24 06:20 PM
Review - Adobe Animate Essential Training
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:15 PM
Learn EVERYTHING about Creating Repeat Patterns
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:04 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/11/24 04:36 PM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.