Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#589306 03/06/10 04:37 PM
W
wafer Offline OP
OP Offline
W
what would be the best clothing for a girl who's short (5 ft) and is 110 lbs? i admit that i am not very good with fashion and i hope to hear some suggestions from you ladies. i don't know what type of clothes to wear. i am quite conservative with the clothes that i wear and also just plain. my closet contains just denim pants, t-shirts, polo shirts, and polos. i only have 1 dress and that was because of my graduation. i always wear sneakers or rubber shoes. i would like to know what i could wear to help me look even just a bit better. help anyone? :blush:

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
S
no skirt!

S
S
You can wear horizontal patterns and textured fabrics. Also you can try short skirts, especially when paired with knee-high boots. ______________________________ globaleyeglasses.com

W
wafer Offline OP
OP Offline
W
thanks for the answers. how about pants? what styles are the most suitable ones?

R
R
u can try the short skirt and pant.

K
K
I think you can go for short skirts or three-fourth pants as suggested earlier..but what is more important is you should feel comfortable whatever you dress up..right!!

P
P
hi, I am new to this forums site but my suggestion is it's better to wear the skirt and nice top, it's suits you.just try it search on-lineBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Hi... You just try white dresses that is really provide you a very beautiful look..

B
B
Don't go for 3/4 pants because they "cut" your legs off, so you look short. I would go for ankle jeans if you want that look. I'm 5'3" and normal ankle jeans fit me perfectly. Anything with vertical stripes will make you look taller and leaner, this goes for everyone.

I also like loose fitting tops, especially for summer, they're much more airy and casual. You can wear heels, wedges for summer, they look good on everyone. Remember to not block off parts of your body, such as a shoe strap + below the knee skirts. That will make you look squat (coming from experience). Personally, I prefer skirts that are a little above the knee, so that it makes me legs look longer. Short skirts make me uncomfortable, because I constantly have to be on the lookout.

Just a reminder, if you're wearing tights make sure you cover up your butt with a long top, because without it, you're just revealing too much. People don't need to see every curve of your body.

Hope this helps!

F
F
Hi! We are of the same size, but I am 95lbs. I usually wear fitted jeans, polo-shirts (but the ones with curve on the waist line because there are some that are straight cut), and high-heeled shoes (if you are not comfortable wearing high-heels, you can try ballet/doll shoes).. You can also wear sundress but make sure it is not an inch higher or lower on your knee level.

J
J
u can try the short skirt and pant.

I would suggest you to wear a skirt as it will be comfortable and best fitting for the size you specified.

T
tpm Offline
T
Hi everyone! I am a guy and I would like some tips for my girlfriend. She is small (5 ft 1 in) and looks really cute in casual wear (sweaters, layers, jeans), but she is not happy with the way she looks in dresses and skirts. She looks fit and slim in sweaters, but she doesn't look as good when her arms and legs are bare. What kind of dresses and skirts might look good on her? I was thinking maybe straight skirts, anything that does not flare out horizontally as much. Every girl has to dress formally sometime, and I would really like to help her out. Thanks.

D
D
Whether young or old, every woman wants to wear to look their best. This is all when it comes to formal occasions, and remember that each of them to use what others are doing. [url=http://www.nexteve.com/catalog/prom-dresses]prom dresses[/url]

Last edited by Devena; 06/16/10 12:33 PM.
P
P
Hi, It depends on what you need to style of dress. Choose their own need most is the most important.

Last edited by Party Dresses; 01/14/11 02:34 AM.
L
L
long dress,not lace,long straight hair and brown,high heels or wedges.Good luck.

Hi Wafer!
How do you feel about a pair of heels? Do you own any?
Heels are very feminine and can dress up alot of simple outfits.

I think you can try long lenth dress or coat or tops with leggings, it will make you better!

Short sleeve shirts for during the day(no tank tops) Skirts or pants Shorts (knee length or no shorter than 2" above the knee)

Last edited by Jeanne Egbosiuba Ukwendu; 08/31/11 05:25 PM.
A
A
Try to wear decent colors and cloths like dress pants and with good combination of shirt.

V
V
hi dear, whatever you wear have confidence in yourself.. always wear those clothes in which you feel comfortable...

V
V
Try skirt n top of cool color....

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
You can wear anything until and unless you have a wonderful personality. It doesn't matter if you are tall or short.

P
P
Hey there, just wanted to give a tip and try the tights and skirt/shorts thing, check out these gals [url=http://ixchelmoda.blogspot.com/2011/09/transition-from-summer-to-fall.html]ixchelmoda[/url] ixchelmoda just a random place I found useful, beyond that..I agree with the sun dresses as well. short girls rock!

Last edited by pursuitofwisdom; 09/24/11 12:54 AM.
A
A
i know perfect place to get advise for such of problem, and I am personally also using it www.quickchoice.com

Last edited by Ania778; 10/26/11 04:48 PM.
A
A
I forgot to tell you how the web QuickChoice works. You just take a picture of yourself with cloth(s) of your choice that you cannot decide or you don't know if this is good for you, then you just upload them through QuickChoice and finally you send an email, tweets to your friends and ask their help to decide should you buy(wear) that cloths. You can set up an privat account so nobody beside your friends can see it or you go public and all of can see you and give you an advise

S
S
Interesting, why you are not consume towards wear certain colors. The color red enables and draws consideration toward the wearer.[url=http://www.bellena.co.uk]fashion magazine[/url]

I'm shorter too - generally I find slim/jegging type pants look good

V
V
You can wear pencil Jeans with some pretty top.

J
J
Wear clothes that make you feel comfy and pretty. Don't forget to drop by on LIFO. It is an online hub for girls that let them have their own virtual closet, read and write about the latest fashion, beauty and celebrity trends.

V
V
One should wear the outfits which suits his or her personality.

Gecko
Gecko
I think you should opt for wearing leggings or jeggings with knee length fitting tops. Add a belt as an accessory sometimes. Or yes, skirts are also a great option, you could also team them up with leggings. The trick is to wear the normal clothes in a different way!

I love music, movies!! I write at mag for women in free time.
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
What ever you wear ... go for vertical stripes ...this will make you look a bit longer!!!

A
A
^I agree with this!

P
P
Hello, I also agree that the white dress is good choice .

I
I
I agree, a person should always wear what suits his/her personality to be able to pull off his/her outfit with outmost confidence :) most often I get tons of fashion inspiration from this site: socialbliss.com to keep me abreast of the latest trends

Last edited by Irina Dementia; 09/01/12 07:04 AM.
Y
Y
I have bought a few tops from sotto e sopra they claim to hide lumps and bumps, tops in just a plain colour, simple tops that feel lovely on your skin, like silk actually. They have a site but I got mine off Amazon. Hope it helps you.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.