logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#589024 03/05/10 04:34 AM
P
OP Offline
P
My 16 year old SD has decided to move out. She did not follow her fathers rules...which were very few and far between. I know that it is way too young for this young lady to be out on her own. She is living between her boyfriend's and her sister's home, which is very unstable but of course has no rules. She was not attending school when she lived with us so I am positive she will not go on her own now. My question to you is, if in this situation, would you keep in contact and give her monies? The truth is we are all so much more relax without her at home and I do have a feeling that she will be back before too long but my adult son (not at home) feels that I should not be helping her financially? Thank you ever so much, Linda

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
If you don't think the situation she is in is appropriate, I would not help her financially. Also, I think it would make more sense to give money to the people who are providing her with a place to live, if you DID approve. That's not to say you can't do things to support her like take or invite her to dinner or give her job interview appropriate clothes. If you want to help her financially, I would recommend that you set some goals for her that if she meets them, you will help her financially (for instance, match every dollar she earns with a certain amount.) Also, if she's eligible to take her GED (varies from state to state how long you have to have been out of school), you might tell her that you will pay for GED prep classes and the GED exam.

Good luck!

Julie

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.