Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Do you think there's a double standard, where people actively seem to encourage female-female kissing on music shows for ratings reasons - but then get very upset if they see a male-male kiss?

Adam Lambert article on CNN

Is this much different than previous female-female kisses that have been seen on TV?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I didn't think it had so much to do with the kiss as it was to do with the simulation of oral sex that was the problem - that was a bit much even for an 11 o'clock show.

On the show Torchwood there was a male/male kiss that I thought nothing of, was in fact very moved by because it was so emotional. (Then they wind up killing off one of the characters! I have rotten timing, LOL!)

I do think that especially here in the US, though that we don't have the same standard set for men and women.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
On "As the World Turns" on CBS, there is a gay couple that kiss every so often. I agree with Michelle, I don't think the issue is a kiss, but everything else with the performance - the simulated oral sex, the men on leashes, etc.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shouldn't all men be on leashes? smile

OK kidding, kidding ...

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Originally Posted By: Lisa Low Carb Ed
Shouldn't all men be on leashes? smile

OK kidding, kidding ...

That was hilarious!!!!! High Five Lisa!!

I agree ladies. The male-male kiss, although sometimes unexpected, doesn't bother me in the least. Love is love is love. To me, it's much more refreshing than seeing the normal violence we are constantly subjected to, along with all the doom and gloom in the world.

I think the other aspects of the performance, were meant to be for shock value. The performance of Adam Lambert, as well as any other performers, are rehearsed, repeatedly. I believe everyone involved in the production, up to and including the network, were very much aware of what his performance would entail.

Adam, being an artist, is going to do what he feels artistically relevant. It's the corporate greed & money mongering that allowed it to air in full content, without change.

I love his music, and have to admit, I was a bit busy shaking my bom bom to be bothered by the performance.

Referencing Adams song title- "whadya want from me"?? laugh grin

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
While I would agree that it is inappropriate for children to see any "acts" like that perform, I think that it's society as a whole that has gotten out of hand where you can't even turn on the radio and not hear something ridiculously sexual in nature. So while the kiss itself did not bother me, the trend of society as a whole does.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.