Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Sorry, I meant the ones after Burton left ( I just tend to think of that as "Burton's universe" as opposed to the "Dark Knight" universe. I liked the first Dark Knight movie, but it got too dark in the 2nd one, I agree.

But I was thinking of the last fiasco that was batman, robin, batgirl, Mr. Freeze, and Poison Ivy (much as I love Uma Thurman) - THAT was a "too much to handle" film!

Personally I just love all the X-films and these others are time fillers for me anyway, LOL!!!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Yeah, I completley see your point - with you on that one, it wasn't just there was too many villains either - they were all so badly done LOL. Who would've thought that George Clooney would be such a terrible Batman? And the fact that they put Arnie's name as top billing was awful on a side note LOL.

I love the first two X-Men movies, they're fantastic - I was gutted when Singer left to do Superman Returns, because I didn't like X-Men 3, there wasn't enough Mystique and what happened with the Phoenix saga?? LOL - that movie could have been gold. I loved Wolverine Origins though, so they got it back on track for me. Wolverine 2 is coming soon isn't it? Sounds good.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
Parakeet
Parakeet
Sorry, I didn't like "Batman Returns" or "The Dark Knight". Those films are more Hollywood than they are Batman. Since when is there so much explosive destruction in Batman stories. I don't know who the hero was in those movies, but it wasn't Batman.

Parakeet
Parakeet
"Superman Returns" is one of the best superhero movies I have ever seen.

Parakeet
Parakeet
The X-Men films were not as good as they could have been. Somehow those movies became all about Wolverine and not about the other characters.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Completley disagree with you on 'Batman' & 'Batman Returns' - he was obviously the hero, there was no other way to interpret it. There's always been violence in Batman, his only thing is - he never kills - which he doesn't in either. I completley agree with you on 'The Dark Knight' - I hated it.

Superman Returns, I feel was and is, one of the weakest super hero movies ever. It concentrates far too much on Clark's relationship with Louis and the annoying child - and there are SO many plot holes it's ridiulous. Casting someone just because they look like another actor was also lame, but not as much as the "seen it all before" in the other Supes movies idea of bringing Lex boring Luther back into it. That entire movie needed some hero put in it. I mean, what actually even happaned LOL?

The first two X-Men movies were brilliant, I do feel also that they concentrate far too much on Wolverine - but he's what the fans want to see. Those movies are still superbly cunstructed. You'll never get Hollywood to match the graphic novels, but they came quite close. It depends what you're looking for in a super hero movie. I think most ppl will agree that SR was weak though - what do you like about it?

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
Parakeet
Parakeet
Yes, there is violence in Batman stories, but rarely is the city blown up like in Batman Returns. And since when does Batman drive a car that looks more like a tank? Sorry, I completely dislike the last two Batman films.

I wish they would do a Batman movie where he is more the Dark Knight Detective he has so often been, not some action hero with a lot of fancy toys.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Superman Returns, I liked this movie for the same reasons you did not like it. I really enjoyed the complexity of the Lois/Superman relationship. It was fascinating to watch. It made Superman more human and more vulnerable as a person.

The rescue of the space shuttle and the jet airplane was the best superhero action I have seen on film since Christopher Reeves rescue Lois Lane and the helicopter in the 1978 Superman movie.

The one thing I did not like about the movie was the weakness of Luthor's evil plot. It was so ridiculous. His new female sidekick was also a weak character too.

Parakeet
Parakeet
I also disagree about the X-Men films. They were not nearly as good as they could have been. But then I was never a big X-Men fan or even a Marvel fan for that matter.

Ironman was good. However, I didn't like Tony Stark saying "I am Ironman" at the very end of the film.

The Hellboy films are good, especially the first one.

The first Spiderman film was great. The second film was bad. I haven't seen the third film, but I have heard nothing good about the third film.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
The city doesn't get blown up in Batman Returns - are you mistaking it for the last two movies?? Batman returns is the one with Catwoman and the Penguin, directed by Tim Burton in 92. I hate the last two Batman movies as well.

I'm not really into Superman, I love Supergirl - I feel they give her much more humanity, she makes mistakes etc. I wish they'd do a good Supergirl movie - I loved Kara in Smallville - I love that show anyway. I agree that the action was good in Superman Returns, but there wasn't enough. I didn't like the actress playing Louis either, she wasn't as the character should be - I felt she was too weak. Louis is strong minded, in that, she was constantly depending on the men. I hope the next one is good though as I think Bryan Singers a great directer.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Gillian ClassicalMusic 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/09/24 08:32 AM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.