Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#573845 12/30/09 12:55 PM
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Except for now I have a awfully sore rear endy because I never leave the desk. At least I had a reason to leave the office once in a while. I need reminders to move about. Writing hypnotizes me. HELP! smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
A lot more time at the desh, eh?

I quit on November 1st with a Chantix prescription. So far - So good. But the restless nights & vivid dreams put me in a tired mood during the day, so getting up & moving is a relief.

Congrats so far... & just in time for the New Year

-B-
"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children."
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
My husband is using Chantix there isn't many meds I can use. My stomach got messed up with the chemo, Chantix is one that sends it into turmoil then it takes a couple of weeks before I can hold food down again. Good luck. I am going to do it this time. I quite twice for five years each time. I didn't want to smoke when I was preg. or had kids. Now it is time because I have my grandchildren in the same house.

Congratulations, to all of you!
Great way to start off the New Year
I quit almost 27yrs ago

Rosie L
Gecko
Gecko
Getting up and moving around is kind of a speciality of mine you could say. Not only does my backside ache when I sit too long I find I get in this zombie-like state and everything I read looks alike!

This may start out a bit odd for you, but I have to say this little thing worked for me. Get a kitchen timer that you can keep by your desk - right next to the computer screen worked for me. Set it for 20 minutes or less if you want, but 20 worked well for me. I found I read an article in about that time, so it was a good stopping point.

When the timer dings you have to get up and do something. Keep something nearby that you can do. An exercise step is great But you can be creative. Hula hoop if you're adventurous etc. But, just moving is good. Reach, bend as far as you comfortably can. Walk in place. Distract yourself with either music through headphones or something fun and interesting on TV if there's one near. You can also switch to YouTube and find music there too.

It's good to hear you're fighting the cigarette habit. You can do it. Keep the faith!

Stay healthy,

Nancy Welker
BellaOnline Yoga Editor

Wow - twice for five years each. You've got the right mindset. I quit for 6 months about 15 years ago, but let situations drag me back in. Hopefully not this time.

Other than the chemical addiction being broken within the 7-10 days, the behaviors have to be dealt with. And then know when the stressful triggers are present.

A support base/group is key, of course. The distraction ideas presented by Nancy & use of a timer sound inviting. Will need to investigate.

Thanks

-B-
"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children."
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Timer sounds like a good idea, however being disabled I think the hula hoop is a bit over my limit. I am confident I will kick it, at least as long as my husband sticks with it. The hardest time for not smoking will be long periods in the car. That will be a tough one.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Wow skyhaven, good job. You have nerves of steel! You are a good example for me smile

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
The chemical part has never bothered me. I do have some nicorette gum; I use it about once a day, usually right after dinner. My 83 year old mother in law lives with us and chain smokes. The funny thing is, when we have tried to stop in the past (husband George and I) it has to be psychological or something, two months is the breaking point for my husband then I get mad thinking he won't start if I am going to start right along with him, never works. WHY two months. Our last two attempts it has been two months.???

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
set an hourly timer and get up and go get a glass of water each hour...I bought a repeating time.

It counts down 15 minutes or 1 hour and then resets to the previous count down.

Have a blessed day-

Erika Lyn Smith
BellaOnline's Missing & Exploited Children Editor
Missing & Exploited Children Site
BellaOnline's Child Abuse Editor
Child Abuse Site
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.