Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
In the ongoing saga of eBay, I just got a set of emails from eBay that my seller rating has been "downgraded". Now keep in mind that because of all the scammer issues these past few months I had stopped using eBay. This past auction set I did - at the beginning of Oct - was my last ever.

One auction person had an issue with one of their CDs and I communicated regularly with them and refunded them. They took longer to respond to me than I did to them. Even so, they gave me a "neutral" rating on that auction because they thought I didn't refund them quickly enough.

Because of that ONE neutral vote - I have 949 positive votes and a ranking of 741 - eBay downgraded my seller status!! It's not that I care at this point, since I don't plan on ever using them again. But I find it outrageous that their system is like that! So one wishy-washy buyer can damage your 10 year long ranking??

It just makes me even more firm in my decision not to use eBay in the future.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
E
That is really sad. I, too, am an eBay seller for 10 years and I live in fear of that happening to me.

You mentioned this was an ongoing eBay saga. Is there somewhere I can read the previous posts relating to eBay issues?

S
Shark
Shark
S
So sorry to hear about the ebay saga. I have never used the bay and from what I read in the forums concerning the bay probably never will.

Sundancer
www.mikessportingoods.ecrater.com

D
Shark
Shark
D
So does that mean you've moved on to another online auction site, or that you are done with online auctions, period?

Don McKay, Softball Editor
Softball Site
Softball Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Don - well, I'm done with eBay, and I'm evaluating my options. I am swamped with books here for example. I give as many as I can away to editors to review, and do some giveaways in the forums, but I also need a way to get new homes for the rest of them. I have started listing those on Amazon's marketplace so we'll see how that goes.

Once I catch up a little on the books we'll see what I need to sell next. My auction stuff has always gone in waves. I'll list all my Nintendo 64 games - then nothing for 4 months. Then I'll list all my remaining music CDs - then nothing for 6 months. So right now I'm at a quiet time. We have sold off all our old console games, and the ones we have left are all consoles we're actively using. We've pretty much cleared the house out of CDs.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
That is craziness re - ebay's ranking. You've had an excellent relationship with them for TEN YEARS. With about a thousand interactions. WTF happened with them?? eek

Were you able to leave honest feedback about your dishonest buyer?

Last edited by Jilly; 11/04/09 03:19 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
It was already too late to leave any feedback, so I just had to let it go.

I wrote ebay about the initial problem and it took them literally a month to respond - by which point I already had given him the refund. I have since written them about the downgrade problem in general and haven't heard back yet. It'll probably be another month before they respond.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
What was ebay's response in that prior case?

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
It was just a form letter which made it even worse. So I responded to that and never heard back. I wrote them about another new issue, and they didn't respond to that either. So I really have given up on them totally.

Low Carb Forum

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.