Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
C
Amoeba
Amoeba
C
This thread is really great and hilarious! How often do I get to see other people post the private thoughts I've had on this topic? I've *always* been put off by preganancy, labor but most of all BREAST FEEDING. Good grief, really? As bad as it can be to see the pregnant gals walking around with tight shirts on, or no belly coverage at all (yea, that is SO bad) I get near irate when I see someone breast feeding in public. It just seems so degrading and animalistic to me. Not to mention, I DON'T want to see anyone's ta-tas and baby latched on. BUT, as disturbing as all that is, it comes nowhere close to the crazies in La Leche League who breastfeed until teeth come in. Yup, seeing a kid get up and undo momma's shirt and bra and go for the gusto makes me want to call the police, or child protective services. PS: I've made ALOT of people angry over the years by referrring to pregnant women as "pod people". But, there's a maternity store called "A Pea in the Pod". So, I think there's some hypocrasy there.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
I am scared of the whole pregnancy thing,petrified of giving birth.I can't imagine myself being "torn apart" down there or having my lower belly "sliced" to give way to a baby.scary!

K
K
Vespertine, girl, your post had me in stitches laughing. You nailed that right on the head. You are NOT the only one who is grossed out by the pregnancy and childbirth "miracle" as they like to call it. Sounds like torture if you ask me. I've been repulsed by this nastiness ever since they forced me to watch that godforsaken "Miracle of Life" movie where at the end, you get an up close and personal front-row seat of a cooch being torn to shreds as the screaming kid comes out. Looking back now, I can see they were just trying to scare me into not having sex (I was 13 I guess), but guess what? They took away any shot in hell I would have had of wanting to go through that pain, suffering and apparently, mutilation. What's worse is when they discuss tearing - YUCK! I don't even want to hear one minute of that [censored]. My Mom-in-law knows her chances of getting a grandkid out of me are slim as it is, yet she can't seem to keep her mouth shut about her own experiences of when the doctors had to cut her because she wouldn't tear. At that moment I wanted to vomit. Personally, I think you're quite normal. But maybe that's because you're just like me. :) HA. Either way, you're not alone.

M
Shark
Shark
M
My favorite statement regarding childbirth is, "It's natural, how beautiful." So is defecating natural, and I'm not interested in watching anyone do that sooo.yea...lol!

R
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
R
Pregnancy bellies really freak me out too, I won't go to parties if I know someone noticeably pregnant is going to be there (even if I don't know them and don't have to talk to them).

Strangely they didn't seriously freak me out until 3 years ago when I saw my very tiny cousin 2 weeks overdue with her second child. Her belly was so big it really looked like it would just rip open and it just looked so painful and horrible, ick! Since then I can't look at them, I just get the shivers and need to leave.

As for me being pregnant, one of the symptoms of my endometriosis seems to be that I feel a lot of movement inside me when cysts rupture and stuff like that and it makes my skin crawl having all these sensations of motion and not being able to do anything about it. I wonder what a living being inside me would be like? :-D

G
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
G
I can't even touch my belly button...If hubby wants to irritate me he just has to look like he's going to touch it, and I get freaked out.
I'm the same, Random, re the bellies, seeing those white stretch marks on an extended belly...

So the thought of looking down and seeing MY belly like that, and worse, some doctor or another touching my bellybutton region...

Ooh, hang on, I feel faint.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
First of all I got nothing against women who are just on the "meatier" side, but pregnant woman totally freak me out. My previous CSM at Fresh Pride, when she was pregnant with her son she always complained. Always with the whining and the bitchiness and just drove me NUTS becuase I was the one dealing with her most of the time. I just sighed and bore it all, until she attempted to persuade me to touch her stomach. I must have looked like a deer caught in the headlights because she gave me a funny look. I don't know what it is about pregnant woman in real life, in art I think it's quite a beautiful thing. Yet art does not imitate life, the real thing just creeps me out. Something...something living inside me just makes me shudder. I'm usually very tolerant of things that usually make others squeamish but pregnancy is one thing that just scares me. I had a pregnancy scare once before, the thought that I might be pregnant left me paralyzed with fear. I just didn't want some...thing...leeching off my life force, it's mine and no leech can have it. The way some women talk about birth is definitely something I'm not engaging in.

Shark
Shark
I recently watched the back-up plan. While it may not have been the intention the movie made having kids seem like a nightmare.

(sorry a little off topic)

Last edited by Kat1980; 11/23/10 10:56 PM.
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.