Print Thread
#561497 11/03/09 01:05 PM
A
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
A
Hi everyone!

I'm working on a series of articles about foster care for the Adoption site, and I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to post here or send me a private message if you'd like to share your experiences and stories about foster care--from any angle.

Thank you in advance! smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
I have a foster care story for you. We had two children a brother and a sister. We went through a very long getting use to period. They had been badly abused and abandoned and had some pretty serious emotional problems. Nobody in the kid�s family wanted them. Toward the end, when they were supposed to be our children we bought a six bedroom house. I had two children, so with four, six bedrooms would of been nice. The day before, the official they are ours day, the aunt decided they should be with family.

She found out how much she could get for these two kids for expenses each month. A year or two later I heard from one of the directors. Those kids were abandoned by the aunt not more than a couple of months after moving in with her. Those kids had made such incredible progress, I really doubt after that double whammy if they could ever be emotionally untangled again. To this day I am still trying to find them; I have a mention on my MySpace page. That really hit me hard. The same agency contacted me later to try again with another set of siblings because few people wanted sibling groups. I started out willing to take any number of siblings so that they could stay together.

A
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
A
Hi Diane!

Thank you so much for sharing your story!

I'm so sorry for what you went through--I can't believe that! How long ago was this, if you don't mind me asking?

I feel so sorry for those kids. It's just heartbreaking.

There are so many things wrong with our foster care system that need to be changed. Getting placed with an aunt that later dumps them is a great starting point for such change, don't you think? (I'm sorry--that probably sounds harsh, but it just makes sick to hear another story like this).

How are you and your husband doing now? How do you recover from something like that?

Koala
Koala
That was long ago, let's see my daughter is now twenty eight and she was two, yup a looonnng time ago- 26 years. My first husband and I divorced shortly after my son passed away about 15 years ago. It was hard on all of us. George and I have been married since 1998. Thinking back, I can�t get over how fast time goes by.

A
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
A
Diana,

I am so, so sorry that you have lost a son. You have been through so much!

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your story, though I'm so sorry for everything you've been through!

Moderated by  Deanna - Adoption Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/09/24 08:32 AM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.