Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#282102 11/23/06 11:41 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Ok ... I LOVE this little gadget!! Has anyone tried the new Opposites Attract Cartridge? It's about time us ladies get our own version of a "POWER" tool!!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#282103 12/29/06 05:51 AM
M
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
M
I agree that the Cricut is awesome! I haven't bought one because I am in the market for the Pazzle Creative Cutter or the Wishblade. They both work with any true type font that you have on your computer! So instead of buying cartridges you can just use the fonts on your computer.

Have some friends with the Cricut so I will have the best of both worlds when I finally get my power tool!!

Michelle McVaney
Scrapbooking
Memorymaker #291498 02/09/07 01:55 AM
S
S
I have used both and at one time owned the Wishblade and sold it. Its true its great because you can use alot of the fonts from like CK disks etc as long as they are not to curvy or thin. The only complaint I had with Wishblade was not as user friendly and had alot of complications when cutting which blade to use etc. It also gave me too many choices on which font to use on which page so it took away from my scrapping time.

I also purchased the Big Shot and the Thick cut dies and abcs. I really like that because i can cut chipboard with the Thick Cuts. If you use the regular sizzix dies to cut chipbd it breaks them after some time.

I recently purchased the Cricut after using my friends. I love the ease of use and the price. Walmart had the machines on sale pretty cheap before CHA because they thought the new one would connect to a computer. They have decided not to go that route. The new machine actually uses 12 by 24 paper. That seems to be the only difference that i have heard. Hope this helps someone on their decision to purchase a die cutter.
Blessings
Shayla

Memorymaker #362562 12/30/07 11:06 PM
S
S
WooHoo! Hubby got me a Cricut for Christmas. I absolutely LOVE it. I'm already planning which cartridges to get this year (the plan is one a month). This will definitely add more Pizzazz to my pages, cards, wall decor, etc.

StephDans #370910 01/30/08 02:25 AM
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I just purchased the 12x24 Cricut. I just got it set up but have not tried it yet.

What I am hoping to do is sell the services to cut vinyl letters for people. Maybe I can use that avenue to pay for the machine and pay for new cartridges. People can pay people with commercial cutters alot of money to cut the letters but I can do the same thing with the Cricut.

I also found out you can cut fabric with the Cricut which opens up all kinds of ideas for applique.

I'm also looking into sources for rolls of adhesive vinyl, along with all the major colors, you can get sparkle, mirror, metallics and a kind that you can print a pattern on. I was thinking of doing the saying "Stop and smell the Roses"for my office where I have roses in the curtain, I was going to print roses all over the vinyl before I cut it out.

I also saw something online that showed the cricut will hook up to the computer, mine has a USB port and I have also read that there is a CD that helps you manipulate the images but I don't understand it completely. With the USB port there almost has to be a way to feed it patterns from a computer on the horizon.

My daughter and I are going to enjoy using this, to make cards for people which she loves to do, of course for scrapbooking and to do her school projects. I have a friend who is christian and I want to do something for her so I thought I would cut out her favorite bible verse for her kitchen, she has a great place for it above the wallpaper border.

I would LOVE to see recommendations about cartridges AND pictures of your projects that you have done with the Cricut.

OH, I wanted to tell you that if you guys want to buy cartridges at a good price, our local Michaels sends out coupons for 40% off one item, that would make the cartridges about $50 if you use your coupon for that. In fact my local Michaels had them on sale for $46 the other day when I was there.

The company website also has a drawing for free cartridges AND for December if you sent in proof of purchase for two cartridges, they would send you a third for free.

I have actually thought about once I got more informed about the machine, trying to set up a situation where I can sell them in my area. I don't have a store front but I was thinking more of a home party kind of situation OR doing classes in scrapbooking or applique at the local no name craft place in order to attract attention to them and sell them.

www.cricut.com is the companies main website.

Lisa_Orlando #402358 04/03/08 04:27 PM
D
D
You might want to check the fine print on your Michaels coupons - most of the time they disallow Cricut product purchases.

darlawelch #408961 04/19/08 05:50 PM
J
J
HI! I'm from Colorado and just starting scrapbooking. Love it already. I just never have enough time to do what I want. I have so many questions, hoping this is the type of place to get answers.
I have bought scrapbooks both the 8"x8" and 12"x12" but what I don't understand after searching and searching the internet, what kind of scrapbook do you need in order to use things on pages like unfolding pictures or pull tabs???
I know it sounds silly but I haven't seen any books here like that.

thank you
jaccileigh

jaccileigh #418477 05/14/08 05:04 PM
D
D
Oh dear! I just ordered my 27th Cricut Cartridge. I've found now that I have to carry a list around with me so I don't duplicate! I like the new solutions cartridges, but hate that they come without a box. Bummer!

Memorymaker #547554 09/09/09 11:29 PM
Gecko
Gecko
I was interested in getting one but I have heard so many nightmares of constantly buying ink cartridges and sucking the life out my wallet with the ongoing sticky pads and so on.. So if this is truly the case, how does one justify the ongoing expense? Just curious and looking for some input.. Thanks so much!

Proud Pagan
S
S
I was curious to know if anybody has tried cricut design studio? I've heard good things about it but it is a bit costly. I've also heard that there are many "tricks of the trade" for getting more design flexibility from it than it shows you. I got that information from this blog [url=http://cricut-scrapbooking.blogspot.com/]I don't like cricut, I love it.[/url] Happy creating

Last edited by SammyAx; 10/13/09 10:15 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M McVaney - Scrapbooking 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.