Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
ooooo...what is a life line?? I am glad to hear that I am not alone. It was beautiful until I was ONE stitch short and unable to fix it.

Edit: I googled lifeline. I will definitely be doing this. Thanks for the tip!!

Last edited by JulieRNursing; 10/09/09 05:38 PM.

Julie Reeser, Nursing Editor
Nursing Website
Nursing Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Good luck. I really need to leave my computer smile

Marge Colletta
Marge's Random Life
Knitting Guild of Santa Cruz
"I will not let the non-knitters of the world decide how normal I am"~Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
A pair of socks using Wendy Knits basic sock pattern. These are coming along.

Marge Colletta
Marge's Random Life
"I will not let the non-knitters of the world decide how normal I am"~Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
Very nice! I especially like the colorwork. Did you have to line up the stripes or is it self-striping?

Nursing Website
Nursing Forum
Gecko
Gecko
I wish I could knit socks....I get lost when you have to do the heel. frown I suppose I'd need lessons. I like your socks and the color is cool.

Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
You know, although I do know a lot of people who knit socks and have watched them, my best resource was Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's book Knitting Rules, she explained it really well with her basic sock recipe. You may want to start there and then if you don't have a local resource, see if there is a YouTube video that may help; I went to YouTube and typed in knitting socks and a lot them show up.

Good luck and give it a try!

Marge Colletta
Marge's Random Life
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Self striping and my daughter is wearing them inside out, since the purl bumps hurt her feet!

Marge Colletta
Marge's Random Life
J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
I learned with the "Easy Sock Pattern-Toe Up" by Cathy Crome. It is honestly, easy. You do the heel exactly the same way as the toe in this pattern with short rows.

Nursing Website
Nursing Forum
A
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
A
I picked up a piece that I started knitting years ago and am attempting to finish it. It is an afghan in several colors, but I ran into a problem. I cannot find the extra skeins of yarn I bought for it and what I have with it is not enough. The yarn is a discontinued one. So I have purchased some of this from ebay but every skein I have received is a lighter color then the ones I have in the piece.

So I am thinking about finishing up the section I am now working then doing the next section in these lighter colors. That should be interesting. This is a no pattern afghan. Just something I made up years ago. It got put away in storage when some family moved in for two weeks and wound up staying for two years.

I actually had to deknit six rows to remember what I was doing. Now it is moving along fine if not slowly.

I have also been working some loom knitted hats, with little crocheted toppers, and getting my knitting machines back up and working. I needed to make room for more machines, including a Passap Duo 80 with deco (punch card) unit. Nice machine but big. It takes up a lot of room, but does lovely stitches.

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I started a new scarf using the Block (Dice) pattern. After a few rip outs, it worked better with a small garter stitch border (just 2 stitches). I'm thinking about trimming it on the sides with blanket stitch. Adding the border made the edge blocks look oversized. Perhaps the blanket stitch in my accent color would correct that.

I've tried blanket stitching before on double sided fleece fabric, but it didn't turn out too well. Any tips for using that on a garter stitch border?

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.