Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#499193 03/03/09 10:30 AM
B
OP Offline
B
I know little knowledge about motorcycle,motorcyling and motorcyclists but what I know,it is the most accident prone vehicle.We treated and admitted in the hospital where i work so many cases of accidents from motorcycle fall,such as sliding on the pavement due to slippery road,bumped or cut by crossing animals especially cats and dogs among other incidents.Drivers of motorcycles not only got bruises but mostly fractured legs and severe head injuries.Because of such traumatic enigma where motorcylcles are concern I never rode one and not dream of having one,nor want any members of my family to ride them.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
W
W
babylyn - Yes motorcycles are dangerous, and they may be at a higher risk of accidents; mostly because other drivers are not paying attention and aware of the motorcyclist. However, drinking, smoking, eating fried food, driving in a car, riding a bicycle, walking, running, and breathing are also dangerous these days - it's all about how you do it, and knowing what your doing. Some people are terrified of bikes, and have a closed view when it comes to your side of things (working in a hospital) but step back and say to yourself "how did these things happen" and you will see it's not motorcycling itself that is dangerous.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Agree with wingsofbeauty, in that a lot of people don't look for motorcyclists when driving their cars, they close the door switch on their stereo and disengage their brains. However it has to be said that there are some people who don't help themselves as they don't wear the right protective gear either. Of course the riders of Motorcycles will suffer more serious injuries than drivers of cars they don't have a protective cage around them...

C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
I've been riding for well over 30 years and am always aware of the dangers. I wear a helmet and protective clothing and never let my attention wander when on the bike. But I LOVE riding and would hate to give it up because I was fearful.
I never let my children ride, and when they grew up and left home I bought my first motorcycle. They were horrified and confronted me, "You never let US ride, how can you get a motorcycle now?!" I told them that now that they were adults they could do whatever they wanted. Meanwhile, I had paid my debt to society by raising them and now I was free to do what I wanted, and that included riding.
I am looking forward to getting my beautiful red Suzuki out again in a couple of weeks, as soon as the weather allows.

It may be dangerous but boy is it great fun. Over here in the UK it is also the best way to travel as you can get through the traffic, providing you don't ride a Harley or Honda Goldwing.

zeriva discover your potential at www.healthwizard.yourpower2be.com
S
S
Yeah!Motorcycle do really dangerous,especially in the high speed.But as a boy or true man,it is hard to say no for motor machine such as car,motorcyle and so on.Coz it is easy to make our dream come true for ride a cool motorcycle.Besides the motorcyle I wish i could have chance to have a try of the morden traffic machine which were use in [url=http://www.dvdsetshop.com/products/Navy-NCIS-Naval-Criminal-Investigative-Service-Season-1-5-DVD-Boxset-DVDS-1394.html]NCIS Seasons 1-5[/url]

W
W
Yes I admit there is a hightened risk when riding a motorcycle compared to a car, but like almost everything else in life when used properly and safely many needless accidents can be avoided. Many different things are cited as being leading causes of motorcycle accidents, but personally I think one of the biggest causes is Ego. Riders think they are super cool and go speeding down the road and weaving in and out of traffic and others feel they are tough harley drivers and nothing will hurt them. In fact I had a guy on a Harley tailgating me the other day and came inches from eating my back bumper. I set safety limits for myself and remain cautious at all times. Riding a motorcycle is a wonderful experience that I wouldn't miss for the world, but you have to have a good head on your shoulders to do it.

It may be that they are not more or less dangerous than a car but that the results of any incidents are more dramatic. Bikers are not seen so easily so that other vehicles just pull out in front of them. Vans and trucks always overfill their tanks so that the diesel leaks out and makes the road very slippery. The absolute beauty, joy and excitement of riding a bike so far outwieghs the problems that you cannot see them, even with a telescope. Keep Riding, Keep Smiling

75% of riders get into an accident within their first 2 years of riding!

T
Amoeba
Amoeba
T
If motorcycles were the only vehicles on roads, they would not be too dangerous, but since roads have other larger vehicles ranging from automobiles of 1000 kg to combination vehicles of 50 000 kg, motorcycles with the masses around 100 kg are much weaker. In crashes involving motorcycles, both motorcyclists themselves and other road users may be somewhat liable, depending on exact circumstances. Serious accidents can easily kill motorcyclists.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.