logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
S
Recently I was in Bolivia a big meat eating country who love their beef) when I told them I was a vegetarian mostly the response was not defensive aggression like here in the States but rather...pity! :) Its hard for meat eaters to understand that my choice to not eat meat is NOT a constant battle to refrain from eating something delicious but rather I find it baffling now how anyone could put something that smells so disgusting in their mouth. Its like being a non-smoker in a world of smokers they just have no idea.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Gecko
Gecko
J
My family lives in Texas and since it is a big beef producing state, it's very hard to get a good veggie burger there-lol. Things are changing however, and there are more vegetarian options in restaurants.

My husband can't give up meat either, altho I could easily and I try to get most of my protein from other sources. We do buy our meat from local farmers, however, who raise their meat ethically.

I have to say, I raised chickens several years ago and loved them. They were pets, however! I could never bring myself to eat one of them and had no wish to. We did enjoy the fresh eggs from our own free range chickens.

I think if more people were aware of the way commercial animals were raised and pretty much tortured, and the fact that living a healthy lifestyle means more plant foods, not meat, maybe things would change.

Gecko
Gecko
I am trying (again) to be a non-meat eater and I am not hard on vegetarians - never have been. In fact, I have admired them and need to try harder to be one of them.

Some people really feel it is "not normal" to avoid meat. After everything I have read in the literature I have handed out (yes, hanging my head), I know you should avoid meat.

Do you know what your meat ate before it died?

There was a new Candid Camera episode many years back where Roseanne Barr was married to Tom Arnold. It was when they were losing weight. The joke was on Roseanne as Tom and Candid Camera were behind it. They went to a restaurant to eat and they were introduced to their live meat before the animals were "butchered" for dinner. (They really didn't butcher those animals as this was a prank)....but the idea of it all has stuck with me.

Robin Rounds Whittemore
Card Games Editor
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.