Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 46 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 45 46
C
Gecko
Gecko
C
That's been my teaching, too ICP. When I lived in the town of Athens, Ohio a hawk stayed right near the house peering in the windows. Didn't matter which side of the house I was in, that hawk was on a limb or telephone pole peering into the room I was in. That lasted about a month. Right after that I met my David. That's been about 11 years ago.

The people next door with the Devil Dog were shooting snakes a couple of weekends ago. It took all my will power to keep from going over there.

I haven't actually seen them, but I believe there is a family of ducks and ducklings down by the creek. I can hear them a lot. They make such a ruckus when disturbed. It's funny.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I also have learned that Hawk brings messages to us. When I lived further out in the desert, a little Desert Hawk greeted me every morning as I sat outside on the patio with my tea or coffee.

I just saw a big Robin sitting on the top of the Pine tree. He kept up a shrill, long whistle. I have never heard a Robin call like this before. It sounded as if he were distressed.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
That robin was probably sounding the alarm for a hawk!

We were out in the front yard this evening. The hawks were loud as usual and my husband commented, "You know I haven't seen any squirrels lately." Haven't seen that snake again either.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
I did not think of that. There are a lot of Hawks around here. As you mentioned earlier, the Hawk brings messages. I found this bit of info this morning:

Hawk
"To the Zunis, Hawk is the younger brother of Eagle. More earthbound than Eagle, Hawk carries messages among people and animals while Eagle�s connection is with Spirit world. Hawk medicine is used when hunting ground animals, such as rabbits and squirrels. The shrill cry of the hawk is always startling to hear. It is a sharp reminder to pay attention to the signs around us. It can signal an omen or simply be telling us to be mindful of the obvious. With its acute vision, Hawk constantly scans the horizon for information, thus the expression �hawk-eye.� Hawk behavior teaches us to do the same."

I saw a large Raven early this morning on the back garden wall. He was really upset about something. Maybe the Hawk is near by.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
B
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
B
I have been to a playground today - and saw some gulls there up in the sky.

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Had to accompany a friend to traffic court today. One the way we saw two hawks. I told her, "You need to pay attention in court today, to what the judge is saying in other cases and to his general mood." Her case was one of the last, and I think she took my advice, as everything worked out much better than anticipated.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Yea! for the Hawks!

I finally saw the Hawk that is in the area. In fact two of them. I also have been seeing at least two Eagles every day for over a week now. I love how the Zuni think - that Hawk is Eagles little brother.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
I just saw two large Eagles soaring up, up, into the bright blue sky, with huge, fluffy white clouds drifting across the sky. It inspired me to write a song. You can read it in the Campfire Circle thread.

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 07/02/09 09:37 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
We saw several dogs running loose last night all over the neighborhood. They looked frightened because someone was setting off fireworks near us. I felt sorry for the poor dogs - how they got loose from their homes is a concern.

This morning I saw the Quail family again. They are soooo cute!

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
We always go down to the river well before the fireworks begin. I walked over to look westward to the marsh and the lovely sunset. A large egret was patiently waiting for a little bite and/or posing for a few cameras.

It was a brilliant white against the dark green marsh grass and the red and purple of a beautiful sunset.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Page 23 of 46 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 45 46

Moderated by  Sacred Tobacco Woman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/21/24 01:27 PM
Fabric Flowers for Spring
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/15/24 10:40 PM
Review - Animated Illustrations by Jamie Bartlett
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/14/24 02:52 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/13/24 08:26 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/13/24 06:20 PM
Review - Adobe Animate Essential Training
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:15 PM
Learn EVERYTHING about Creating Repeat Patterns
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:04 PM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.