logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Gecko
Gecko
Phyllis, they are wonderful, the ice cream bars..... but......Different kind of girl (oh my!!)....I didn't realize there were hydros in Snickers.....is that denial in a way???? Oh poooo!! smile I need to check this out more!!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
P.S. Girl.....can we just drink tea and pretend they don't have hydros???? Haahaaa!! (denial for sure!!)

D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Sue,
hahhahahaha, you crack me up!!!! Yes, that's denial! haha How about I bring a healthy snack to tea instead? I'll bring some peanut butter balls: natural peanut butter (w/out hydros or salt), honey, cinnamon, raisins, raw oats, cocoa powder (optional), and chocolate chips. I'll roll these up into balls, freeze in a pyrex dish and bring them with me next time!

Or, I'll bring some dark or semi-sweet, dairy-free chocolate chips, some frozen orange juice concentrate to melt the chocolate chips with, and some berries to dip in the chocolate/orange sauce!

I can also bring some liquid stevia to sweeten the tea with! We'll be all set! smile

C
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
C
When I find every so often I get myself in rut, where it seems like nothing wants to go right for long periods of time. It gets really frustrating and so many times I found myself putting less and less effort into the things I did. What gets me out of the rut is making smaller goals and completing them. Making the goals smaller makes it much more easy to accomplish and that sense of doing well motivates me to do more. Wieght loss for example, making a 2-3 lbs goal is much more reasonable then a 10 lbs goal, and once you lose that 3 lbs you think hey that was easy and plan for 3 more. Before you know it you reached your 10.

I also love music and drives, so when I am simply looking for a quick pick me up I find a good cd and go for a drive over the mountains, the scenery is so beautiful you can't stay bummed for long

Cavelle Layes
Canadian Culture
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Excellent post!! Being productive, even with just "small" tasks throughout the day, as you said, does wonders for one's sense of well-being!! This is especially true if you're an introvert. Introverts tend to really get a boost from completing goals. Extroverts get a bigger boost from social interaction, but we "all" need to feel productive though.

The car drive is great too - being out in nature and listenig to music is definitely a great, pick-me-up therapy! smile

Gecko
Gecko
Ohhhhhh....Different Kind of Girl....those sound AWESOME (and so much better than denial!)!!!! And you REALLY had me with the dark chocolate, orange concentrate and fruit to dip!! Yummy!! It's tea time....NOW!!! smile

Gecko
Gecko
Cavelle....I'm with you on the car drive. I work mostly from home, which I love the freedom it allows but at the same time, it's where I do laundry, housecleaning etc. Even though I have my own office at home and go out for interviews and reviews etc. I like knowing that my drive time in the country is mine.

I can sing along with the radio and be meditative....it's my time to commune, enjoying the journey to my destination. I can sit for hours (and I do some days) just watching the water flow in the river or the waves splash at the ocean or listen to the wind whisper through the trees.....how delightfully wonderful! smile

D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Sue,
You are sooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you enjoy the chocolate dip!! smile And, it sounds like you live in a really magical area.... how cool! I'm not near the ocean, but I so love those country drives too. Love being surrounded by big, beautiful green hills... and maybe a red barn in the distance.... so peaceful. smile

Gecko
Gecko
LOL...so are you!! I had a bowl of blueberries this morning and some fresh cherries (yummm) and thought about some strawberries and your dip smile I will enjoy!

I love the red barn visual. Actually, I'm intrigued by the many cool barns I've been seeing lately (and actually you just inspired me for a New England article...thank you!!) A looong time ago, my girlfriend and I, when we lived in Ct. before we were married or had kids, we used to drive by horse and cow barns and picnic in the fields (we were total flower children!) and we were always inspired by the smells of farm poo....LOL....sounds weird but we were somehow more connected to the earth at the time....ahh....my youth! lol.... smile

D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
There you go being too cute again Sue!! hehe I'm happy I inspired you with an article idea! Woohoo!!! Barns are just.... I don't know.... so American (not that they're not also in other countries too! haha)! ....So peaceful.... so... like you said, connected to nature. I love all those smells too. hehehe There's a certain "magic, enchantment, and romance" that I so strongly feel when out in the country, or just around nature... and more so than any place else. I love the city as well, and it has its own charms too but not quite like the country. smile I live in the city, but I get to travel to small towns for work now and then, and I definitely don't take it for granted! smile

Last edited by DifferentKindofGirl; 07/13/09 04:01 PM.
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.