logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Since I've decided to eat vegetarian, I've had some difficulties planning meals ahead. My meals used to revolve around my choice of meat and my sides would compliment them. I like to plan ahead so I have what I need available...I abhore going to the grocery store and avoid it at all costs. Any suggestions as to staples I should have on hand? I already have brown rice and canned beans in the cupboard, but they can get very boring.

Granny
Thousands of years ago cats were considered Gods
Cats have never forgotten this.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
If you are not going completely vegan - then I would definitely keep eggs in your fridge. you can scramble, omelettes, quiche, fry - lots of things.

I know I see you on the salad thread all the time, so be sure to keep lots of leafys in the fridge.

Get different nuts and dried fruits to use as last minute toppings and keep an assortment of dressings. Since they are dired they will keep for long periods. And always keep olive oil and a couple of different flavored vinegars to mix up your own last minute dressings.

Hmmm, this sounds like a good article for Jason to do (hint, hint)

I'm not a vegetarian, but I like some vegetarian recipes, and I noramlly plan my menus out by the month. I'll see if I can't come up with a week long menu - it sounds like a fun challenge (I think weird things are fun, I always liked logic problems in school, still do them for fun)

You can't do soy, right? Any other restrictions?

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Shark
Shark
Thanks Chelle!

That's all great info!

I also keep on hand different supplemental foods:

Here's the article that speaks to that. Let me know what you all think.

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
thank you both for your ideas. Jason, where do I look for dried mushrooms? All I find in my market is fresh ones.

Granny
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Michelle, the only thing I try to stay away from besides soy is too much fat..even the good ones. Losing weight is one of my goals this year, but I want to do it healthy. I tried staying locarb too, but it seems almost impossible for me to do all of it..so I'll opt for higher fiber carbs to keep my carb count down.

Granny
Shark
Shark
WalkingGranny,

Try going to your local Asian market or specialty food store. If you're not able to find them in those locations then try online.

Here's a google search I just did on dried mushrooms enjoy! grin

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Thanks Jason. On my break one day this coming week I'm going to the health food store in the next town. They have the Quinoa I want to try and I'm sure they'll have the dried mushrooms you mentioned. If they don't I'll orders some from the internet.

Granny
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Guess you might say I cheated today...I found Quorn brand chicken nuggets(no meat or soy)...had some tonight with a salad and they were pretty tasty. I bought the cranberry and goat cheese stuffed chicken breasts too...I'll have one of them tomorrow night. I read about them on the internet but never dreamed my market would have them. I found some frozen dinners "Amy" brand that were meat and soy free too, even some burritos I can have for lunch. Hopefully I'll have a good week with them to rely on.

Granny
Shark
Shark
I remember when Quorn came out on the market years ago. I was covering an event at the Natural Products Expo West in Anaheim, CA.

Are you going to make a nice gravy to put over them?

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Jason, the only way I know how to make gravy involves meat fat. If you could give me an idea of how to do that I would appreciate it.

Granny
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.