Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#370083 01/26/08 05:53 PM
D
OP Offline
D

Ancient Principles Help You Clear Your Clutter

Space Clearing expert Christan Hummel says that sometimes clearing away the energetic clutter lingering in one's house or office can produce major, even dramatic improvements in the environment you live in. Drawing on an aspect of feng shui known as space clearing, Hummel describes personal and social examples of how space clearing can remove the hidden clutter that drains energy by blocking the invisible life energy flowing through a living space known in China as "Ch'i" which is the foundation of the science of feng shui.

According to Hummel, author of the "Do It Yourself Space Clearing Kit" (ISBN-13: 978-0975479308), kicking the clutter habit can not only clean up the visual appearance of your home, but help your health, finances and even relationships.

Space Clearing is a great way to enhance steps you took to usher in the New Year with new ways of organizing and make your Spring Cleaning more effective. Going beyond the physical throwing out of things, and getting organized, Space Clearing gets at the energetic cause of our clutter. By applying these simple tips, you can do a lot to keep your clutter from coming back.

1. Energy follows thought�so watch your thoughts. Leave the bad energy behind and be aware of the thoughts you bring into the home.

ACTIONS: Control the energy you let into your home. Respect your own space. Take off your shoes and leave them at the front door. Consciously leave your daily worries at the threshold. Gain from the experience and knowledge of the ancient cultures that left their shoes at the door as a potent symbol of leaving the worries of the day at the door, and not bringing them into the home.

2. Thoughts linger in an environment. Clean out the room of bad energy.

ACTIONS: Clean up rooms physically and clear them out through ceremony, sage, smudging, intention, sacred sounds...

3. You carry energy with you wherever you go. All of us take the troubles and emotional upsets of our office home with us even if we leave our papers behind.

ACTIONS: Practice letting it go. Exercise, bathe, relax, meditate, do a cleansing ritual. When you shower or take a bath add your intention that all the stresses of the day go down the drain. Light a candle at the end of the day to symbolically "burn" your worries and problems of the day. Use these suggestions as models to develop your own cleansing practices.

4. Past actions/traumas/emotions leave a residue and can be cleared with intention.

ACTION: Simple ceremonies can help to lift the old vibrations and leave the space clear to receive the highest intentions. You can slowly and steadily overcome the bad energy left by old battles, previous deaths, divorce, family difficulties and other hardships.

5. Clutter blocks energy flow. Your home is like a mirror of your body. It has a circulation system and when life energy flows freely, then the environment is healthy. Your home will reflect the energy and intention you put into it.

ACTION: Clear it out. Make decisions. Put it away until you can decide. Keep the pathways open and clear so the life energy can circulate in the home.

Attention to these ancient principles can help you make your life in the present more efficient, more enjoyable and more deeply attuned to your natural rhythms and to those of the world around you.

About Christan Hummel
Christan Hummel is the author of the Do-It-Yourself Space Clearing Kit. She travels internationally, lecturing and teaching people how to access nature in a co-creative spirit.
She is available for interviews by contacting her
Web site: www.earthtransitions.com

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
OP Offline
D
I've read this book. It is great, filled with wonderful ideas and techniques, but not really so much about clearing your clutter, as it is about clearing the energies in your home. Good though, but if you are looking for more clutter tips, you'll be disappointed.

C
C
The post is very informative and interesting.
I feel the whole house should be clutter free, so that you can focus on the traditional family areas of a house.Clear all of the clutter from the tops of the dressers, closets, and any waste on the floor. Clutter is destructive to the positive Feng Shui energies
-------------
feng shui

Last edited by Cindrella; 09/18/08 04:47 AM.
T
T
This is very interesting to me. I would love to declutter..to let go of the physical things I keep in my home. I wonder if anyone has any real tips...not just theories and reasons...for how to start. I think I need to get over the fear of letting go of things I have kept in my home for years. What about sentimental value etc...

Shiny!
Amoeba
Amoeba
Thanks for the post. I've recently gotten into the Feng Shui and I will be putting all the techniques into use when I move.

C
C
Yeah if you start using the feng shui principles once then automatically your life will change for good. Feng Shui tips will be of enormous use to you and your family. You can find a good Feng Shui tip for home or for your office on the internet. And the best part is that you will never have to pay a penny for it.
--------
feng shui

D
D
Feng shui works for you only if you know know to apply it correctly. If done incorrectly, it might bring on adverse results. It's a double-edged sword so please be careful when dabbling in this area.

If you have time, you may wish to check out this site:
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

C
C
Thank you for sharing more information about clearing clutter. I also came to know more about feng shui and how clutter removal helps to remove negative chi.
-------
feng shui

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
We have an entire site here dedicated to cleaning, so that is a great place to start for clutter-clearing ideas.

However, to summarize, the key is to start with ONE ROOM or even one PART of a room depending on how cluttered things are smile Focus on that one area. Go through it and be very dedicated to the task. Everything you find, decide if you really need it. If you don't, give it away to charity! Someone else will be thrilled to have it and you can even tax deduct your donation. If you really do need it, where does it "belong"? If it doesn't belong right there, get it out of the area. If it DOES belong right there, make sure it is organized as well as it can be.

One area. Just start with one area, and ensure only the things that need to be in that area are there. That's how it gets done smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
F
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
F
Here is my simple 5-step process to clear your clutter.

Step 1: Start in any room and put on your favorite CD or set a timer for 20 minutes.

Step 2: Pick up an item and decide whether you are keeping it or getting rid of it. If you are keeping it, put it in a permanent place.

Step 3: If you are removing an item, put it in one of four piles: trash, donate, sell, decide.

Step 3: While the music plays or the timer counts down, continue sorting and placing your things.

Step 4: When the music stops or the timer rings, you are done clutter clearing for the day.

Step 5: Take out the trash pile, call your favorite charity to schedule a pickup for the donate pile, list any objects you have in the sell pile on online sites. If you have anything in the decide pile, put it in your trunk and drive around with it for 30 days. If you can't find a use for it during that time, drive to your nearest charity recycling center and drop it off.

Now, you are ready to start again the next day, in the same room or in another, until you work through all of your clutter hot spots.

For more about clutter clearing, read my article Feng Shui Spring Clearing to Attract Wealth on the BellaOnline Feng Shui site.

Last edited by FengShuiMaven; 05/18/09 07:10 PM.

Carol Olmstead
Feng Shui Master Practitioner
FengShuiSite

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.