logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Koala
Koala
Yep, freats will have to be a regular word now! I make lime pickles (very sweet!), bread and butter, dill slices and whole ones. Oh and dilled okra if my hubby plants enough of it. The trick is to catch it while it is still small!

LOL about the trash present. My luck would be someone would bring me back a present when they found out the present wasn't something good! Connie

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
That's a funny story about gift wrapping your trash and leaving it in the car. Recently at work, the guy in my office walked by a car with an open window and a purse on the seat. He went to find an officer so that it could be protected. Later after the officer's reaction he realized it was a sting operation. Had he taken it out of the car and handed it to the officer he probably would have been arrested.

I often throw the left over bread out or put the fruit trimmings, etc. in the garden. My biggest problem is paper. I save articles and more articles and after awhile I'm overrun. I don't like to let stuff go either.

N
Shark
Shark
N

It wasn't me, it was something someone told me about. I actually did do it though and yes, it too was gone within a few hours.

Let's see. Today I went through my medicine cabinet and got rid of, meaning put it The BOX:

Some new toothbrushes I never used because they were too hard, 4 or 5.

More clothes that are too big.

Some plant pots.

A couple new back braces I never wore after a car accident. I felt like I was being strangled in them.

Some throw rugs.

Some tablecloths.

Curtains.

I'm heading to clean out my towel closet next so I'm sure some of them will go soon too.

A space heater with a broken plug.

A burned out military heating pad with a GOOD plug. I could have just put the good plug on the heater, I just don't know how.

Some socks.

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Good for you.

I recently went through my linen closet and donated a lot of my towels. I left six for my husband and me to use and if have company.

Koala
Koala
Ok ladies...I did very well yesterday. It was the townwide garage sale and I only purchased a few things for me. I did buy our older grandaughter (just turned 5) some stuff for her room. A couple of pictures to hang, a shelf for her 'llections and a few doodads to put on her shelf. She was worried that her friends that came over might break something so we found a shelf for cheap. Also a few outfits for summer for both grandaughters. Now me, I purchased a beautiful old quilt for $35, 3 lawn chairs for $4 each...they really need some tlc and a martin house for $10...hubby grumped that there was no pole. Oh, and a old photo frame for $5. It was really grungy and I got to work with the stripper last night and got it all striped. Just have to do a little tweaking. I have a photo of our house that is black and white I am going to blow up for the picture frame. Here is a link for photos of the quilt and lawn chairs: quilt and lawn chairs

~anonymous~
Koala
Koala
Opps, jumped the gun and submitted the post before I was finished! If you scroll down a little you can see what I got at the estate sale and I did way better at the garage sale! The estate sale was everything you could cram in a sack for $5. I did get a trunk though...I am planning to use it in my grandaughter's room to put toys in it once I get it cleaned up.

Next weekend is the city wide garage sale for the next town over but I will be gone to a craft show. My hubby said I should have checked, but they didn't have the date for the city wide garage sale decided. I really need to sell some jewelry anyway, and my sister is coming too so it will be nice to see her!

~anonymous~
A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
I went to a store today and before I purchased anything, I asked myself, do I really need this? As a result I picked up a box of Betty Crocker Sweet Potato mix either for a potato dish or sweet potato pie.

I cleaned off the top shelf in my kitchen cabinet and washed all the glasses and mugs that I had stored. I put several in the donate box, called my daughter and asked her if she wanted two of the mugs (collectibles for her), one or two I said I should use, and the rest need to go somewhere, anywhere, and off my counter.

Koala
Koala
I was doing well until yesterday. I had bought an old trunk and decided I was going to put my stuff about my house (I have collected newspaper clipping, photos, letters & ect from a grandaughter of the people that built my house) that I plan to put in a scrapbook one day and then realized I have so many photos & geneaology stuff that it would all fit in there nicely. So I need help! How do you declutter photos? I have 16 albums and then many photos that need to be put in albums. I would like to cut down the number of albums. No one ever looks in them. Also I have nice studio photos from years and years. What do you do with those???

~anonymous~
N
Shark
Shark
N

I have tried to organize photos. It's difficult. I have no answer but would be interested in any ideas also.

I went through all my cups and glasses cabinet and got rid of some I never use. A set of Coca Cola glasses. I found an old glass measuring cup I could be using. Why it was with glasses, I don't know. I have some vintage glass measuring cups, without the red writing on them I think they are cool.

Koala
Koala
Ok...now we are both looking for someone to help us out! Maybe that is one of the tough things and people just put it off for another day....Connie

~anonymous~
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  KellyJayne - Organization 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.