logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
E
OP Offline
E
Inspired by an article life coach Gail Blanke wrote in Real Simple a few years back (which she has since turned into a book called "Throw Out 50 Things: Clear the Clutter, Find Your Life"), I'm hosting a Get Rid of 50 Things Challenge.

Intrigued? First, read my article, "The 2009 Get Rid of 50 Things Challenge."

Next, commit to clearing out the stuff that doesn't deserve space in your home, your office, or your life--and use this Forum to get the support you need while you do so.

Each week, I'll be posting an article with tips and ideas to support you through the challenge (on topics like making tough decisions and how to responsibly dispose of stuff you no longer want or need). I'll also be encouraging Challenge participants to visit the Organization Forum frequently to share issues, ideas, and words of encouragement.

I find the 50 Things Challenge to be a fun and motivating way to declutter, and I hope you'll join me in this adventure for the next five weeks.

Here's to a freer and more organized life!

-Emily

Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Emily, I'm signing on.

C
Zebra
Zebra
C
What a great idea! Many of the things that we don't need have emotions and feelings attached to them. That's where the challenge is for me. Thanks for your support.

Last edited by chloe21; 05/12/09 11:16 PM.

FavoriteTraditions.com
Life's Special Moments
Koala
Koala
I am getting ready to redo floors and I have already got rid of a bunch of junk. I have to get everything packed and off the floors and move furniture (which will be last to do) and I plan to do even more decluttering when I put everything back. We have a store that will trade your stuff for her stuff. I have already taken a load of stuff to her. I started in on the basement last weekend and there is still stuff down there from when we moved here almost 6 years ago. It was easy to part with a bunch of it by realizing if I haven't used it or even thought of it I really don't need it. Our basement is not a nice finished space, mainly home to canning equipment, off season clothes, christmas decorations, blankets and other misc junk. I used plastic see through bins so that you can see what is in there without opening the lid. Good luck to everyone! Connie

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Emily, I listened to an excerpt to Throw Out Fifty Things
by Gail Blanke tonight. Very interesting.

I made a list of things I needed to do tonight and the reminder to find five more things to let go was on my list.

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Originally Posted By: conniem
I used plastic see through bins so that you can see what is in there without opening the lid. Good luck to everyone! Connie

Connie, I have the see-through bins in my attic for Christmas and seasonal clothing. They do work well. That's probably where I need to begin my decluttering but I struggle with my piles downstairs. I told myself tonight that there are just some things I need to toss and not give it a second thought.

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Emily, are we to post each week as we go through the challenge?

Koala
Koala
Be ruthless Angie...I think the easiest time I had decluttering was when moving!

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
E
OP Offline
E
I'm thrilled that you've all decided to take part in the Get Rid of 50 Things Challenge!

Angie (and everyone else), I'd love to hear about how things are going each week for you if you're inspired to post. Throughout the Challenge, I'll be writing a series of articles about the experience and will be posting about them to the Forum. You're welcome to post replies to those messages, or to start your own threads.

Thanks for taking part in the Challenge, and best of luck to everyone!

-Emily

BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
I'm doing this - I have so much stuff in my apartment that it's overflowing. Great idea, thanks Emily.

I do have a few items in a bag ready to go to the nearest charity shop, and I'll sort out my clothes this week.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  KellyJayne - Organization 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.