logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 46 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 45 46
N
N
Nawah! [Pawnee word for - Hello my friends] What I saw this morning was the Native American forum. I'm a 'newbie' to this stuff but an ole' NDN who is a writer. Reading through the various postings from 'you all' - I was most joyous. Will be checking in to read what is occurring with all.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Welcome to the Native American forum, NDNRiter76.

I do hope you come back often to share stories with us. Please visit our Campfire also to share stories, prayers, poems or whatever.

What do you write about?

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 04/27/09 08:14 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
We have been seeing quite a lot of Golden Eagles and Hawks this last week, more so than usual. The Ravens seem to hate the Hawks and are always squaking and chasing them.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
T
Shark
Shark
T
Hello All,

Yesterday in the late afternoon, I was watching the flight of birds into this wonderful tree. I was told a lot of feral parrots visit this tree. I tried to make out what kind of birds I saw. The shape of them looked like parrots, but I could not see the colors.

Walk In Balance,
Deer

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Our woodpeckers have returned and appear to be setting up house near by. The male was out yesterday pecking at a dead, hollow branch in our camphor tree. The echo was startling, a bit like automatic weapon fire. I ran to the back yard in time to see him fly over to the live oak.

A very small bird has made a nest in a cardboard box on our carport. I just found it while trying to load the recycles, this evening, but it was too dark to identify. I've been dive-bombed a few times walking under the carport. At least now I know why. I guess that box won't get recycled for a while.

Our resident Canadian Geese just flew over the house making a racket. But the neatest thing today was all the little lizards. I put our cafe table and chairs out this afternoon. When I walked back over to place some potted plants, one was sunning in a chair. They are just too cute. I'm so glad they like our yard, as we enjoy them so much.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
I have not seen any of our woodpeckers lately and I miss them. I guess they have found new trees in other areas. I saw another turkey buzzard earlier, he was huge. The quail have taken possession of the brick wall out behind us in the mornings and early evenings and sit there and call to each other to gather together.

I love lizards. I do not see any around where we live now, but, out in the desert they are abundant. They are so precious.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
C
Gecko
Gecko
C
There is a pair of Canadian geese that fly over the house in the morning and in the evening......honking all the way. I love those birds. I've begun to listen for them around the same time each day.

Since we live on a creek, we're very fortunate to see a lot of birds....kingfishers, ducks, geese, blue herons, eagles....it's a paradise.

Saturday, while rebuilding our sweat lodge, a pair of eagles soared overhead. It's like a validation of sorts....it makes me think that they remember and are glad that we're keeping the old ceremonies alive. Sound goofy? Then just before we went in, David was singing a song and drumming for another person while he filled his pipe and another eagle went CRUISING up the creek....east to west. We were all simply awestruck. I know I don't need to try to explain; I know you all understand.

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
That is so cool! It has always been with me, the animals know when they're needed. I give thanks for each and every visit. Well, except for the crows, who have built a nest across the street.

I've been working in the yard for the past two weeks, with them squawking constantly. Late one afternoon, I finally lost it and yelled back at the crow, "Would you PLEASE knock it off! I can't take that racket any more." Of course, my neighbor picked that precise moment to walk outside. There I am in the front yard yelling loudly at his house. His suspicions I'm crazy were solidly confirmed!

Crows are a bit like coyote, they can spread mischief. I really don't need any crow mischief right now.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
C
Gecko
Gecko
C
Icp, that is so funny. People have caught me talking with animals and, of course, think I'm nuts. No...not nuts, quirkey and excentric. That's okay. I told everyone that when I turned 50 my dorkiness magically transformed into excentricity and I embrased it!

There are a lot of crows here, too and they seem so much larger than usual. Wonder why.

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
It's been reported for several years that crows are taking over. They are running off the songbirds, eating from birdfeeders and taking their nesting areas.

Crows have appartently figured out how to live well and prosper in city and suburban areas, much to the detriment of the songbirds. I agree, they are as healthy as horses, and almost as big.

The past 5 or so springs, we've had flocks of them descend upon our little city. They will generally listen, when I start yelling and fly off. However, my uninformed neighbor is quite excited about the nest in his yard. I'll be OK as long as it stays in his yard.

Our nest in the cardboard box on the carport appears to be a Carolina Wren. Being from SC, that's sweet!

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Page 14 of 46 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 45 46

Moderated by  Sacred Tobacco Woman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.