#508938 04/04/09 08:19 PM
J
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
J
After standing on the sidelines and �listening� to quick 140 words or less conversations, announcements, tips and more I timidly made the decision to jump into the Twitter water. I�m fascinated by the whole thing and will confess right this moment that I have so much to learn. I publicly acknowledge that I�m no twitter expert, not even close however; I take comfort in knowing that there are Twitter experts out there, whew! Thank goodness.
Read the article

Jordan Mercedes
Business Owners
Repurpose WorkBusiness Owners Editor Bella Online
Forum Moderator
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
L
Great article Jordan! I'm a followin' you now. I am trying to muddle my way through too as I am fairly new to Twitter as well. It took me a while to figure out what to post. I tend to use it for business - posting articles and classes. I mean who cares that I have computer problems or what I had for dinner anyway? I save that for my Facebook page. My biggest problem is how to find people when you don't know their user name. Is there a Twitter "How To" out there?

Linda Steele, Body Image Editor
Body Image Website
Body Image Forum
J
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
J
Thanks for the follow. I'm following back so you can "practice on me!" Well, I know there are books and lots of social media people on twitter that give tips. I'm following many of them just to get updates and information on using social media effectively. I love to learn and tend to follow people that I can learn from. I'm even following Twitter for updates. By the way, would you like to have your business feature in my 60-in-60 series? Let me know and I'll give you more details.

Jordan Mercedes
Business Owners
Forum Moderator
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Great Twitter article! Following you too, now.

Just wondering what the 60 in 60 program is?

H
H
There's actually a really great article on CNet about how to use twitter - here is the link: CNet Article about using twitter

I don't know if these are any good - but here are a few YouTube videos too:
YouTube Video 1
YouTube Video too

pagebuzz.com - Do It Yourself Website - All for $9.99, even a eStore!
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
I read part of an article today that Twitter has trouble keeping members. People join and then after a month or so stop coming to the site. How do you like Twitter?

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I mostly use it to post articles so, it's good for me.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
P
P
So Twitter is awesome for Taking traffic to you website . It is very simple to setup and its a fun positive way to keep in contact with people. To get more followers on twitter check out this amazing tool.<a href=BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Funny enough none of my friends post twitter updates. Most of my followers are posting to get traffic to their websites or articles too.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Shark
Shark
I'm a writer, and love Twitter for the writing tips and inspirations! It encourages me to hear that fellow writers are getting articles accepted and writing about what they love. Only 2 of my friends are on Twitter....mostly I'm surrounded by writers, editors, and agents - which I love!

I do post my blog updates once in awhile, but don't want to do it to often.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I notice that I reply to tweets but very seldom do they reply back, even if I ask a question which makes me think that it's mostly one sided conversations. That may be why people tend to leave.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
It appears to be one-sided unless you are connecting with a friend or co-worker. Some people use Twitter to stay in touch with friends and family, but I think most people seem to use it for promotional use.

I've replied to people and never heard back. I used it when I was promoting articles I wrote for an article content website and always got a lot of hits fairly quickly, so it can be of use for promotional purposes.

Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
You may be following someone who is not following you. Doesn't it work that way? I asked a friend if he receives notices when I post to Twitter and he sent me an email talking about something completely different.

J
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
J
Thanks for your replies. I've been using Twitter for a couple of months now and it's been a good source for the articles as well as the radio show. I've found much useful information. Not such a "newbie" anymore.

Jordan Mercedes
Business Owners
Forum Moderator
E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Angie,

That is the case. Not everyone is following each other, and depending on how often one checks in, they may not even see the Tweet.

I have two Twitter accounts - one for BellaOnline Mystery Books and one for my personal elder care site, and for the most part I've kept them separate. I certainly don't follow anyone who isn't connected to Elder Care because I'm really not interested in reading their tweets.

They can follow me and get my Tweets regarding eldercare if they want, but I don't follow them, otherwise I just receive a lot of unnecessary and unrelated posts. Might sound cold, but I learned the hard way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JMBusinessOwners 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.