Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Jilly, I love how you really make use of your bags!

I carry my keys in my pocket and for skirts that don't have pockets I sew in a pocket with the opening at the waistband.

I use an across the shoulder bag every day. It has an interior pocket for my cell phone. I even carry a thin rain poncho in a half gallon zip lock bag. Here it rains a lot and I hate getting my shoulder wet - too windy to use an umbrella :-(

I do keep a small notebook and also do not carry checks.

I do not need to look in my handbag for anything, can feel me way to the compartment, keep things in the same place all the time.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: Jilly
I carry around a lot of stuff, so i have had to make organizing my purse work. I find it comforting to have a little bit of everything I need with me wherever I go. I think it might be part of the mental illness! lol.

Usually I find a bag I really love and then use the hell out of it, and then it falls apart. At that point I go from bag to bag restlessly until I find another I love. I get bags from thrift stores for a few bucks, and my mom and sister are always giving me their old accessories to choose from. I have a lot of bags to pick from at any time.

yes. our emotional instability requires little piles of 'stuff' around so we feel more secure.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I figured out which handbag I wanted to use from my backup stash of bags - it's large enough to handle a book, but not so large that it's a tote bag. It has lots of structure and places to slot things. It's a used Michael Kors that I found long ago at a goodwill.

So i transferred everything from my more sack-like Fossil bag that my MIL gave me, which really was not working. it was too big and droppy, which on me get sloppy fast and overstuffed.

I can't do the hobo style bags either, even though i like the look, since they are too sloppy and cavernous inside.

Even Dan noticed my 'new' bag and complimented it! he never notices anything as a rule, so it must suit me. smile

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I'm still just using my smallish bag I got from etsy... So it seems to fit my lifestyle well. I don't carry much with me and don't wear makeup.

Bob found a cool phone app that stores all his store membership cards. So now he doesn't have to carry those any more. Highly recommended!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Burt -

Depending on a person's job out isn't necessarily insecurity to carry stuff. For example some friends I know need to carry a small camera, a notebook, a pen, a wallet, a set of keys, breath mints, medicine, a small tape recorder, just for starters. It adds up quickly.

Low Carb Forum
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Hi Lisa,

Yes, this is true... If you need to get up and get out to do your job.

My paradigm since 1968 has been running a business out of the house, so a lot of disorganization and clutter is still part of my life today.

Connie and I allow it because it gives us a sense of security.

Most folks were raised to get up and get out to go to work.

This makes you more organized and prepared for the outer world.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Burt -

It probably all depends on what you do for work. Several of my friends run local / newsy websites, so they work from home - and they have to go out daily to cover stories. So the list I was quoting was from one of them who does work from home smile

Low Carb Forum
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Hi Lisa -

Yes, long before the web existed as a viable commercial format i.e. 1968 we were running a mobile home park from the home attached to the property -- then we shifted to a motel business which has the living quarters attached.

We end up having tools in the bathroom closet where towels should be !

Blessed Connie, it drives her crazy ! smile !!

But, we do what we can.

We have a house separate now, but old habits are hard to break.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Hey Burt, you do the best you can with what you've got. Connie sounds like a wonderful lady!

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Thanks Cassie67 smile

My Mom suffered from depression and it came through my grandma and aunt on both sides of the family.

Every time I suggest a professional organizer Connie just about is ready to kill me!

So, even though I try and succeed many times, I go through a lot of Woe is me... I have bi-polar since age 16 in 1977.

Last edited by Burt B.; 03/13/12 11:19 AM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KellyJayne - Organization 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.