logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I love to read and collect books and quotes about books. Here are some of my favorites. What are yours? I'd love to add them to my collection... It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it. ~Oscar Wilde Lord! when you sell a man a book you don't sell just twelve ounces of paper and ink and glue - you sell him a whole new life. Love and friendship and humour and ships at sea by night - there's all heaven and earth in a book, a real book. ~Christopher Morley I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library. ~ Jorge Luis Borges I am eternally grateful.. for my knack of finding in great books, some of them very funny books, reason enough to feel honored to be alive, no matter what else might be going on. -Kurt Vonnegut, Timequake, 1997

Sponsored Post Advertisement

Sorry this took so long to reply to -- I'm still very green at the forum stuff, but it's getting better!

Here are a few of my fave book quotes:

~ Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it. - P.J. O'Rourke

~ Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

~ The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them. - Mark Twain

~ The worth of a book is to be measured by what you can carry away from it. - James Bryce

And I LOVE your quote by Morley! It's so true.

--

Paula LeClaire

B
Gecko
Gecko
B
Oh, here's my favorite: �If you would tell me the heart of a man, tell me not what he reads but what he re-reads.� Francois Mauriac.

This isn't a book, but it's one of my absolute favorites and from one of BellaOnline's own editors: �Is amok further than a 5k?� Cara, editor of Bella Online Philosophy Site

Barbara Sharpe

I LOVE that quote! I must have a hundred books I re-read every year. They're like old friends aren't they? Comforting and familiar and in a lot of the books I re-read I see something new each time. Thanks for the cool quote.

--

Paula LeClaire

B
Gecko
Gecko
B
Originally Posted By: Paula - Quotes Editor
I LOVE that quote! I must have a hundred books I re-read every year. They're like old friends aren't they? Comforting and familiar and in a lot of the books I re-read I see something new each time. Thanks for the cool quote.

You are welcome, Paula! I think that's among my Top Ten Favorite Quotes. I didn't even know we had a Quotations page, so I've signed up for your newsletter!

Barbara Sharpe

Thanks Barbara! I'm going to send a newsletter out every other Monday starting next Monday - I'm still waiting to graduate!

Feel free to share your fave quotes - it's addictive, so there's no such thing as too many!

PL

--

Paula LeClaire

B
Gecko
Gecko
B
I haven't quite yet graduated myself. Oops - I hope I wasn't supposed to wait to send newsletters til I did - I've been sending them every Friday!

Barbara Sharpe

B
Gecko
Gecko
B
Here's another of my favorites: �Good advice is something a man gives when he is too old to set a bad example.� � Francois de La Rochefoucauld

and

Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened. � Cora Harvey Armstrong

Barbara Sharpe

B
Gecko
Gecko
B
Oh, and let's not forget: �Zero is not a size! It�s a warning sign.� Carson Kressley on How to Look Good Naked.

I will stop now - at least for today! smile

Barbara Sharpe

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Beth - Quotations Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.