logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
John leads the way into the cellar, followed closely by Clarissa. As John plays the flashlight around the ruined cellar, he sees that an area in the center of it has been more or less cleared of debris, and spray paint used to mark the ground with occult looking symbols.

"Don't step on any of those," Clarissa warns as she gingerly moves to the center of the space. "You stand there," she says, pointing to a spot in one of the symbols. "When I nod, spill some blood on the ground there. I'm not sure how much, but I think we'll know when it's enough."

Clarissa then begins reading from her notes, chanting in a language so unlike anything the others have heard that it doesn't even sound like words, but more of a guttural tune.

After a few minutes of this, she gives a short nod to John.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
Ray leans against Larry and whispers, "...what's going on? Where are we supposed to go? Who's chanting?"

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
"[Kryssie] plans to take over the world one banner at a time"
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Larry puts his arm around Ray.

"Sounds like Clarissa chanting. She and John went into the basement, and are probably doing the mumbo jumbo now." He glances up at the pink sky. "Doesn't seem to be doing a damn thing yet."

Amoeba
Amoeba
Derek keeps an ear to the chanting while scanning the horizon for any movement.

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
[Since it's been a while, I'll assume John does the blood bit, and the ritual moves on.]

Clarissa continues chanting, and John slices a finger to drip blood onto the symbols. Power and light flares up, blinding those in the basement and visible even to those outside. The power builds, and then suddenly vanishes. Clarissa stops chanting.

"Well, that's one," she says as she helps John out. He'd lost enough blood after being injured to be unsteady on his feet.

Abruptly, a bright light shines on the group, seeming to come from the coast. Ray has the impression of malevolent attention being focused on the group.

Amoeba
Amoeba
[If there's any cover offering a shadow, Derek dives behind it]

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?
Gecko
Gecko
Ray lets out a whimper and clutches Larry's arm. "Larry...we need to get out of here...."

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
[The cars are the nearest bit of cover.]

"Damn right," Larry says to Ray. "Come on your two, get your asses moving," he calls into the basement opening as he and Ray get into the car.

Clarissa helps John out of the basement. He's clearly weakened by loss of blood so soon after his injury.

The entire group gets back into the cars, and Clarissa gives directions to the next location on the map. As the cars pull away, the unnaturally bright light follows them like a spotlight.

"Three more to go," Clarissa mutters as they pull up to the next location.

Gecko
Gecko
"Why can't we just ask them to leave...nicely?" Ray whimpers. "I don't think this whole driving to different places and chanting is going to do very much good...not with whatever that icky thing is following us!"

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Larry glances at Ray. "You know something about that light, Ray?", he asks.

Clarissa gets out of the car and starts digging around for the basement opening, Mike helping her. They find the opening and had down into it. The sound of chanting can be heard as before, and when it stops Clarissa and a shaken Mike come back up to the cars.

Clarissa looks a bit crazed, her eyes shifting from side to side as she gets back into the car and directs them to the next location. Mike manages to drive the second car, although he's looking a little pale.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Leif - Role Playing Games 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.