Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Originally Posted By: Spirituality&SFFMoviesEd
I think this issue is even more off-topic than comparing the VPs are.

The wifes aren't going to be in office at all. Why worry about who is the better "choice"?

I don't think it's about "who is better" but the class and aura of the people who will be our new authoritarians. That's all.

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Kimmi08 #486604 01/20/09 04:49 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
Michelle has such a venerable mix of class, sharp intellect and feminine strength. She is her husband's best friend and advisor, and I feel will play a strong background role in his presidency.

As a fashion conscious society, I feel there is nothing wrong with making note of what our first lady wears. In Michelle's case, she offers clean and classic as well as affordable taste, and a svelte figure to show case it. I thought her gold inauguration dress was lovely.

Shay

Gecko
Gecko
I didn't like the red and black number (horrid...looked like it was setting itself on fire) and I don't like the yellow outfit either...or was it the crown jewels around the neck. I think she should stick to tasteful and appropriate and save the flash for personal occasions. Sorry Michele lovers but she has not my vote so far in the clothes department.

rdywenur #486648 01/20/09 06:58 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I actually thought her dress today was very reminiscent of Jackie O. Kennedy.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Elephant
Elephant
I loved the J Crew yellow outfit. I agree the broach she used to close the sweater wasn't the best choice, but her skin tone and such, it was a great choice!

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Lady J #486799 01/21/09 10:57 AM
Gecko
Gecko
I did like her gown for the inaugural ball but still felt she could have made a better choice with the daytime yellow. On tv it looked like something out of Liberace's closet. It was all sparkles and the cyrstals around the collar you couldn't tell if it was part of the dress or a necklace. Too flashy for daytime. I don't understand the reaason why everyone has to emphazie J Crew. Style is not about how much something costs. You can spend a million bucks on soemthing and still look bad if it is wrong.

rdywenur #486924 01/21/09 04:29 PM
S
S
Well i loved the outfit she wore during the day classic yet elegant... not feeling the evening gown didn't flatter her body type at all ..... but all in all i think she's quite a stylish lady i've see n lots of pics, notes on gleanerblogs.com/fashion which i think show a very fashion savvy lady .... or her stylists are doing a pretty good job :)

Shaz #486987 01/21/09 08:21 PM
Elephant
Elephant
I thought the reader was refering to the Day before the inauguration yellow outfit. The inaugural dress suit wasn't as yellow as people think, It was a very mild yellow arccording to a friend of mine who worked the inauguration. She said it was more of an almondy yellow, more of a creamy yellow brown. Depending on which station you watched, you could see the suit in different colors. Her dress suit reminded me of the many black church outfits that many black women wear to church. I thought it was very classy and elegant. Very Jacki O'ish.

As for my saying it was a J. Crew... was to emphasize it was not a designer ensamble, but somethign the "common" person could wear. I thought that outfit was well put together except for the broach holding the sweater set together. I think she coudl have chosen something a little smaller, but there are people who liek those larger broaches.

I personally like Michelle Obama's style. The only bad choice so far she has made in my opinion is the red and black victory speech dress from Grant Park. Made her look mismatched, pregnant, and just not well fitted.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.