Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
W
Just another exercise to gauge where we are at right now.

-whoisjohngalt

What Direction Should the Republican Party Go?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 11/19/08 04:56 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
What areas are the Republican Party Weak On?
multiple choice
Votes accepted starting: 11/19/08 05:00 AM
Are You Satisfied with the Leadership in the Republican Party?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 11/19/08 05:02 AM
Sponsored Post Advertisement
W
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
W
The first poll is self-explanitory.

The second poll, is about what areas you think we need improvement.

The third poll, just think of the party in general where it stands right now.

Thanks!
-whoisjohngalt

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I think one of the biggest things with the Republican party is that it is kind of seen as the "Good 'ol boys".

We need some new blood in there. I think that is one big reason Palin was chosen as the VP candidate - she is a fresh face to the Republican party, while still holding to the mainline party platform.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
T
Shark
Shark
T
Chances are good that anyone picked is going to resemble a "good ol' boy" though. And you saw how people tore into Palin... it wasn't pretty. I think the main thing will be time and patience as we wait and see what happens under the new administration. If he screws up bad enough, it won't even matter that much what the new Republican says, does or who he/she is... just look at who American voted in Office out of frustration over Bush. They'll do it again eventually, but it will be a Republican they vote in next time. I think the Republican party needs to really work on determining if it is a truly conservative party or if it is more moderate and stick with one thing. Granted, a truly conservative party will have the hardest time winning, unless there is another combo similar to McCain Palin where one is more middle ground and one is more conservative. Honestly, I am not sure I look at it as "parties" as much as where do they stand on issues important to me. I think that is how many felt with Obama and McCain, but I also think that because of the "historical" aspect of this election, many wanted to be a part of electing such a historical person to the President position. What better way to argue not being a racist than to say you voted for Obama. Race aside, because imo it had nothing to do with the election as far as my vote went, I don't care what race or sex the next candidates are, what I am going to care about is where they stand on issues. I think the Republican party definitely needs to reform itself or do something. I just love how everyone is supposed to rally in support of a the new president but the same people touting that we need to be supporting this new president probably spent the past 8 years condemning Bush and counting the days til he was out of office. While I am sure Obama will do some good things in office, I am just as sure that he will do just as many, if not more, that I disagree with, so I hope those who support him will allow me the same courtesy to disagree with him and make the same comments I have been hearing about Bush for the past 8 years.

Michelle
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I've really got to go look back and see what the real numbers are - but we've been playing "flip the party" for a while now.

No matter which party is in office, it is never going to be perfect. And America then shows its displeasure by voting in the opposing party. Which does seem to make sense from an immediacy POV, but then THAT party doesn't make eveything right - so we turn back around and vote in the other party we just got rid of. (My head is spinning!)

I'm like you, I really don't care about the parties anymore- I'm looking at the candidates.

But part of me really, really wants a strong Independent Party candidate next time 'round. Because I just want to see what would happen if the bi-partisan routine (or rather rut) that our government has fallen into got really shaken up.

Hmmmm, this gives me an idea for an Independent Party post!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I decided to go and look to see which party was in charge when - I went back to Hoover (then my eyes started crossing)

D - Obama
R - Bush, George W.
D - Clinton
R - Bush
R - Reagan
D - Carter
R - Ford
R - Nixon
D - Johnson
D - Kennedy
R - Eisenhower
D - Truman
D - FDR
R - Hoover

Just thought it was interesting to look at how we flip-flopped back and forth.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
W
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
W
One that is even funnier than that, Michelle, was that if Hillary had won this election, the most recent presidents would have gone,

Bush
Clinton
Clinton
Bush
Bush
Clinton

24 years of two families
I saw a campaign sign somewhere saying that the White House was not a time share laugh

-whoisjohngalt

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Oy! I never even thought about that one!

Imagine how that would have looked in the history books 100 years from now, LOL!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Originally Posted By: whoisjohngalt
One that is even funnier than that, Michelle, was that if Hillary had won this election, the most recent presidents would have gone,

Bush
Clinton
Clinton
Bush
Bush
Clinton

24 years of two families
I saw a campaign sign somewhere saying that the White House was not a time share laugh

-whoisjohngalt

That is funny John. Wouldn't that confuse the heck out of students. wow! 24 years of two families!!! We almost have that with Hillary in as Secretary of State - did she accept that yet?

I think I am going to switch to being Independent. I abhor this dem/rep hate war that the media keeps stirred up!

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 11/19/08 07:48 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
B
Shark
Shark
B
It's too bad Ron Paul didn't have more of a chance. I wonder what it would take for an independent candidate to really compete?

That is interesting about the Bush/Clinton run. At least students would have a 50/50 chance at guessing who the president was during those 24 years. smile

Last edited by bepart; 11/19/08 10:13 PM.

Kay
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.