Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
I agree about the BellaOnline forums - there are so many topics, and I have so little time. There are so many great people on these forums that it's difficult to pull away and get articles written.

I am only on Twitter for a few minutes a day, mostly to mention my articles or blogs, but I know others who go in and out all day long. Any of the social media sites can be time wasters if we don't use them wisely (she says as she talks to herself).

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Very true! Any of the new media can become addictive. Including the BellaOnline forums (everyone is so nice). :-)

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Lol, that's me...going in and out of twitter all day!

Mind you, I do follow some very interesting and engaging people who have interesting and engaging outlooks on different topics such as politics and my favorite topic - breaking news!

I also update my readers with what I'm working on, new titles to write to and new sites.

I don't bother with any social networking except twitter now (& Bellaonline of course!)

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
We twitter our lives away..... here and there.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I chuckled a second ago. Twitter had too many tweets and it said to try again later.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Too many tweets - that's a hoot.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I use Twitter as a promo tool any time I write an article, so I would write "New hair recipe for rosemary shampoo" when I was all done with it and had it online (I'd include the link). But I don't put minute by minute updates of when I'm actually testing the shampoo or writing the article. I wait until it's done and there's something for people to read.

I have six Twitter accounts now I think and try to update each one once a day at least, with a new URL of information for people to read. I like to provide things to help people, rather than updates on what transient thing I'm going.

I have Twitter update Facebook, so that's all automatic. I rarely actually go into Facebook or MySpace.

I do hang out in the forums here quite a bit but I consider that educational. I learn a TON of things here and for example my conversion to microfiber towels (recommended by people here) is saving me money! So there are a ton of money saving things I learn by talking on the fourms. Cleaning tips, organizing tips, you name it. So I consider this my free team of experts to help organize my life!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
That's funny lol ! I also use Twitter to update Facebook and dont actually go there much if at all - I find it a hassle to keep having to log in.

However I do use a mixture of articles,links And everyday updates - some vet twitterers swear by the little minute by minute tweets!

I now also have Twitter uodate my Writing Business website too:

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I had to put a moratorium on my using Twitter a few months back - 'twas totally addicted. Now I use Facebook almost exclusively and am enjoying that a lot more.

When I return to wanting to promote my work, I am sure I will use Twitter again, but for right now, I like just finding out what my family and friends are up to, not the hundreds of strangers I network with on Twitter.

I have really done a 180 on Twitter! lols.

Last edited by Jilly; 04/10/09 04:51 PM.
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Oh, and Lisa, it's all what you find interesting. I enjoy the slices of life tweets that people do MUCH more than links to articles. I want to hear about the daily lives of people I like - makes me feel closer to them, a part of what they are up to. :-)

Quote:
So there are a ton of money saving things I learn by talking on the fourms. Cleaning tips, organizing tips, you name it. So I consider this my free team of experts to help organize my life!

I totally agree on this! A vast, free life coach! Between the Bellaonline forums and the RV forums I use, I have access to a tremendous resource on getting everything in my life in order. Something just not possible just a short while ago. How did people ever figure things out before?? lol

Last edited by Jilly; 04/10/09 05:02 PM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.