Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
I think if you compare Cindy McCain to Michelle Obama the choice is clear, Obama has more morals, more class, and more substance. Period.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J.Barry #459524 10/15/08 12:11 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I think this issue is even more off-topic than comparing the VPs are.

The wifes aren't going to be in office at all. Why worry about who is the better "choice"?

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
I think who someone picks as their life mate is important. It says something about their judgement. Just like the choice of VP candidate.

If you look at who Obama picked it says he plays it safe.
If you look at McCain's pick it says he may be impulsive.

There are other things you can derive from who candidates pick to fill various jobs and who they are as a family. It says a lot.

In McCain's case the VP choice is very, very important because the VP has to be ready to lead due to his age.

I really think it's time our country embraced more than two parties. Our choices are too limited.

J.Barry #459540 10/15/08 01:18 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I think the issue of 'wives' is important because she will also be representing America. She'll go on at least 40% of overseas trips to meet foreign dignitaries, meeting with groups and organizations and establishing causes. That said, I'd rather see Cindy in that position than Michelle.

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
J.Barry #459543 10/15/08 01:21 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I agree that we need to start considering more than one party.

I still disagree with the picking of a spouse as being on par as picking a cabinet, though.

A person picks their VP and cabinet with an eye to getting a job done and getting the right person to fill each slot.

Hopefully a person picks their spouse because they love them.

My husband and I on paper do not make any sense, but we are the complete balance to each other. If we had to work together, however - we'd kill each other. And it would probably not be pretty. (I'm meaner than he is). Yet, let anyone else try to undermine him and I come out like a pitbull. No one messes with my hubby!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
daisybun

why do you like Cindy for the First Lady job more than Michelle?

J.Barry #460711 10/18/08 11:45 PM
Shark
Shark
I think it's hard to judge as both Cindy McCain & Michelle Obama have different experiences that will benefit the nation if either one of them becomes the first lady. I personally love Michelle Obama, and the work she has done in the society. She is obviously a very intelligent person, and her interviews/speeches showed that she has well-sounded judgement.

On the other hand, even though Cindy McCain has taken some heat for her extremely wealthy upbringing, we cannot discredit all her contribution in the humanitarian efforts.

I personal think Michelle Obama would be a better first lady since her life experiences and upbringing resonate with more middle class Americans. In addition, it doesn't hurt to have a degree from Harvard Law School. That shows "something". However, I agree with Michelle (Taylor) that the picking of a spouse should not affect our pick for the cabinet (to a certain degree as long as the spouse is not a total ...) as love is a tricky thing.

I am super excited to have Barrack and Michelle in the White House. They have a such a comfortable, genuine, caring way about them. It's been toooooo long since we had a first family like that.

J.Barry #461598 10/21/08 06:05 PM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I know Cindy McCain -- I don't know Michelle Obama. I've attended many gatherings and spoken to Cindy many times. I've seen first hand how good Cindy is about being approachable, sweet and kind. Her negative press is very undeserved.

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
S
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
S
Michelle Obama is such a warm, classy, intelligent woman, and a great mom. She would be a wonderful First Lady and a role model for all our daughters.

I feel she would be a wonderful advocate for families like mine.

Pamela Wilson - Children with Special Needs Editor
Visit the Children with Special Needs Website
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/21/24 01:27 PM
Fabric Flowers for Spring
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/15/24 10:40 PM
Review - Animated Illustrations by Jamie Bartlett
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/14/24 02:52 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/13/24 08:26 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/13/24 06:20 PM
Review - Adobe Animate Essential Training
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:15 PM
Learn EVERYTHING about Creating Repeat Patterns
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:04 PM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.