logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
I remember teaching my kids to swim and how to body-surf an ocean wave...I actually remember myself learning those things! The smells of freshly cut grass and the thirst quenching wonder of a cool iced glass of tea with lemon and sugar.....ahhhhh

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
The whole family, including Dad, Mom, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, cousins, etc. getting together for picnics - spending the whole day from early morning to early evening. Playing baseball, hide and seek, tag, badminton, eating, snacking, more eating, making our own ice cream in the old hand-crank bucket. The smell of the grass when we got knocked down in touch football, the smell of the creek waters rushing down the stream, the smell of the hotdogs and ribs cooking! The warmth of Gramma or Grampa's hugs when we were getting chilly in the early evening. The long ride home and Daddy carrying me in the house and tucking me in bed and saying my prayers with me.

So many loving memories! The smell of the ocean when we camped at the beach in tents.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Ahhh, Phyllis, it is so nice remembering those things and you sparked me to recall a few more memories like the way my grandmothers home always smelled of fresh picked gladiolas and tube roses. Seems we were always there in the spring and summer.

I also recall with a warm smile my grandpa marching in the Centennial parade as Mayor of the small town we lived in and going to the movie theater and spending the quarter I was given for a movie, popcorn and a pop. During our celebration days this year the theater was showing a Christian movie "Fly Wheel" and I had the opportunity to bring my 13 year old with me. As soon as the lights dimmed, I felt just like I did when I was younger going to the movies there with my neighbor friend.....very cool smile

R
Amoeba
Amoeba
R
Last summer I & my DH had been Disney-land I that is one of the most memorable and favorite memories.

Last edited by Jeanne Daigle; 01/03/09 01:35 PM.
S
Shark
Shark
S
Going to a baseball game with my dad, the smell of new cut grass, swimming and not worrying about getting skin cancer, playing outdoors until dark, the ice cream truck........

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill, then searching for the perfect stick to roast marshmallows on. REAL marshmallows, back in the 60's, not the squishy, puffy things that pass for them now.

All my aunts and uncles (and parents) and grandparents always sang whenever there was a family get together. One uncle always accompanied on his guitar. It turns out the songs they sang were taught to them by my grandparents, from the turn of the last century! You wouldn't believe the number of Victorian Era songs that I know all the words to! It made for magical summer evenings at the lake.

The fresh smell of the laundry when I folded it after it had been gently blowing in the breezed on the outdoor clotheslines.

The butterflies darting around the flowers in the gardens and the sound of the bees buzzing as I lay on the grass reading a favorite book.

Picking blackberries all day in the fields and meeting Mom and my siblings for a lunch break under a huge shade tree.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Yes!! The ice cream truck or aka the "ding dong cart" lol smile and I still love the smell of fresh sheets and towels from the clothesline too.....and all of us kids holding a big sheet and my dad and grandpa shaking the mulberry trees....all those tasty sweet mulberries falling softly into our sheet to take back home, rinse and put in a bowl with cream and sugar....mmmmmm

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Call me crazy but I love the smell of the chlorine going into the pool at the beginning of summer.

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Yeah swimming pool smells, sounds like a fun thing to do today....float around in the pool, catching some rays...hmmmm....summertime smile

Moderated by  Ally-Home/Hols/USA Cook 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/08/24 07:45 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.