Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Originally Posted By: JRH
John nods and follows the man to the coast on the way there John asks, "What is your name?"

"Jack Morgan," the young man says. "And you?" He seems perfectly reasonable, if still a bit euphoric from his excitement over events.

"Oh," he continues after John introduces himself (or fails to do so), "you might want to take your coat off. I'm waiting on my shoes until we're ready to swim, but you don't want any extra weight. It'll be a bit more than a mile."

In the diner, the others who are watching can see John and the young man heading off for the coast at a walking pace.

Behind the counter, Mike pulls out a small battery powered radio, and turns it on, hoping for news. He hunts up and down the channels, but finds nothing but static.

"I figured we'd at least be able to pick up the local news from Steuben," he says, discouraged.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
In the diner, the college girl, Clarissa, collects her papers together and repacks her backpack.

"I don't know what's going on, but I'm going to drive down to Steuben and see what they know. Tell Mr. Fishman I'll be back to ask more questions later."

"If there is a later," she says, glancing out at the pink sky that stretches in all directions.

Amoeba
Amoeba
Derek turns back to the crowd in the diner. "I get the feeling we should follow those two. At least one of them has answers, and I don't like just sitting around doing nothin'."

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?
Gecko
Gecko
Ray smiles sweetly, "Okay, but I get Larry as my bodyguard!" She giggles and musses Derek's hair, "I just get the feeling you'd run me into a wall!" She gives a wink and heads back to Larry.

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
"[Kryssie] plans to take over the world one banner at a time"
Amoeba
Amoeba
Derek looks at Ray, then checks his belongings and moves to the door. "Don't touch me."

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?
Gecko
Gecko
Ray frowns slightly, looking a little hurt. "...if...if that's what you want, sir... But, if we're leaving the safety of this diner, I'd prefer to have some way of finding you if something happens and I don't have a personal item." She reaches for Larry's hand, then speaks to him, "You're coming with us, right? Or are you pawning me off on Zeke?" She gives a quirky grin and twitches slightly, unable to shake the feeling of being watched.

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Larry looks at Derek, frowning slightly.

"I don't know about leaving the diner, but if you're goin' Ray, I'm goin' with you."

Mike looks toward the phone and the radio. "I'll stick here and try to get in touch with someone who knows what's going on. Whatever took out the phone and radio can't last."

Outside, Clarissa gets into her car and heads south along the road, toward Steuben.

Gecko
Gecko
Ray frowns again, "You sure, Mike? Who's going to look after you and protect you from the end of the world?" She grins slightly, trying to keep the atmosphere light. She clings tightly to Larry's hand--the only physical indication that she's starting to get worried and a bit frightened.

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
J
JRH Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
Answers Jack, "My name is John Rader,and what do you mean we have to swim? Isn't there a boat we can rent or something?" Takes notice how Jack is behaving and becomes suspicious of him.

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Originally Posted By: Kryssie - This Date
Ray frowns again, "You sure, Mike? Who's going to look after you and protect you from the end of the world?" She grins slightly, trying to keep the atmosphere light. She clings tightly to Larry's hand--the only physical indication that she's starting to get worried and a bit frightened.

"Thanks, Ray," Mike says, "but I'll be fine. I'll just stick here and try to get through to someone. If you all find something out, come back and let me know and we'll figure out what to do from there."

Originally Posted By: JRH
Answers Jack, "My name is John Rader,and what do you mean we have to swim? Isn't there a boat we can rent or something?" Takes notice how Jack is behaving and becomes suspicious of him.

Jack shakes his head.

"Hasn't been a boat rental around here since the thirties. Nothing here now but the diner and gas station. Oh, in its day Abramton was filled with people, but not now."

"Anyway, I don't expect to find any boats. There might be a shack yet up or down the coast, but I don't plan on hunting for it. A mile swim won't do me any harm."

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Leif - Role Playing Games 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.