logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
N
N
Hi Llyn,

If you start the 2nd Saturday of the month, does this mean we have to wait until Oct. 11th now?? Geezz I don't know how I will wait that long...LOL I've got my pattern ready and an idea of what kind of wool I want to use.

I think this sounds like a load of fun...

Nikki

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Llyn Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
Hi All,

As some of you already know, the idea for the Virtual Guild grew out of an idea I had for a program for my local guild for the year.
So the Virtual Guild is a new concept. What's happening is that this group is basically paralleling what my local group is doing.

My idea, which was basically to have one program for the year but to have it broken up into segments with one segment logically leading to the next. My basic idea was to study project planning from beginning to end, give evryone a chance to put together a notebook on how to plan spinning projects, and to have a completed project at the end of the guild year. For my local group, this not only solved the problem of programs for the guild year but it also provides projects to display at our annual fiber arts show called "Lamb Show" because it's held in conjunction with the annual 4-H lamb show & sale. Also, it will hopefully provide each of our local members with an entry for the spinning category in the County Fair. Whether this works as intended or not remains to be seen. smile

Then I got to thinking that I've never seen full project planning instructions written up anywhere - partial instructions, yes - but never the whole step by step process from raw fibers to completed project. Which means that I have my work cut out for me with writing it all up and taking care not to miss anything.
Since I have a lot of work to do on this and my local guild is fairly small, I thought that I'd simply extend the idea through the Bella site.

So this is a grand experiment in a way. Please feel free to make any comments and suggestions you have as I'm sort of making this up as we go along here and your input is both welcome and valuable.

Llyn - Spinning Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
L
L
This sounds great! I'm a pretty new spinner and can use all the confidence building I can get! I'm pretty good with my spindles but have a Babe that I'd really like to learn to use. I love the idea of doing a project together.....I'm already thinking about what I want to make! Can't wait to get started. Will the first newsletter be out this weekend? Melanie

S
S
Hi all,
This sounds like something that will be both fun and educational. I had some fiber in mind for a project, but when I started spinning it was garbage. So now it is back to the drawing board so to speak. I wanted to use my shetland, anyway.

I am having a little trouble navigating to this site, but will get it sorted out eventually. Here's to fun and fashion. I can hardly wait to get started.
Anne

L
Llyn Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
While we won't be "formally" starting until the second week in October, everyone can be looking for a pattern or working on designing your own pattern, if you prefer.

Please post about the pattern you select or design. It will be interesting to see the variety of items everyone picks for their projects.

Llyn - Spinning Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
N
N
Hi All,

I've selected a Mobius Scarf pattern for my project. Three different patterns to be exact. I would like to spin a couple of different fleeces for this scarf 2 for gifts and 1 for myself and to enter in my local county fair next year. I also would like to experiment with 3 different spinning styles.

I also want to spin a woolen yarn, and 2 semi-worsted yarns. I think I'm right is saying semi-worsted. I will drum card the wool (woolen prep) and spin worsted (pinch-pull method)which I think will give me a semi-worsted yarn. I've also choosen a fine Targhee for the woolen yarn and a Romney lamb fleece and a CVM Ram fleece for the semi-worsted yarns.

I liked Llyn's idea of a notebook and will make a little notebook for my project just for fun. If it is small enough, I thought it would be great to submit in the county fair. Now I just need to make my little notebook.

Nikki in Colorado

I
I
Hello

I'm new here. Hi everybody...I'm from Portugal and I would like to participate in the virtual guild of spinners. What do I have to do?
Thank you

icartaxo
J
J
Hi newbie here, not new to spinning but have never had a guild nearby that I could join, since they meet out of town on Sunday, or during the week and working hours! Anyway, this is all very exciting and I hope to be able to keep up! I definitely have a lot of fiber or prepared roving. Does it matter what size the end result project is - for instance a sweater versus socks is quite different in length of time for spinning right?

June

L
L
Hi everybody! When I started thinking about what to make I thought the process would be so easy.....you know just pick something but now that I've started looking at patterns I'm getting boggled! What are the rest of you thinking about? I started with 'wraps' then moved on to scarves and then wondered how narrowly I should be defining a wrap.....I guess a sock is a wrap for the feet or a vest for the body. I think I should start my notebook now and keep track of the twists and turns of my planning! This is fun! Melanie

K
K
HI - maybe I'm being dense, but I can't find where you join. Is there a sign in area, or do we just check the postings to follow along?
KathieVt

KathieVt

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.