Barbara,

Please answer my questions above.

Mike

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Dear Mike,

As to Golabki... here is the recipe that I published once on BellaOnline. At the end you can find recipe for Golabki without meat.
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Barbara Swiech, Polish Culture Editor
Polish Culture Website
Polish Culture Forum
BookAdvisor.Eu
Gecko
Gecko
For those that wish for pierogi's and don't make them here is a site that sells them. I was checking the menu but surprised they have sauerkraut with potatoe. I have never heard of this combo. Do they make it this way in Poland (the lady is from Poland but this is still news to me) The place is called Pierogi's Plus in Pittsburgh.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

S
Shark
Shark
S
We would always make peirogis for our polish festival..partboil them..cool..put them on trays..freeze and then bag them. I don't know why..that is how the Panis told us to do it. lol
The orthodox churches in my area make peirogis and sell them for fundraisers. That's where I by mine.
Sundncer
www.msgembroidery.com

D
Shark
Shark
D
I have been to Pierogi's Plus many times. I live very close to it. The Sauerkraut and Potato combo is delicious and one one my favorites.

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hmmm... I would say that sauerkraut with potatoes is quite ok:) Depends also how it is prepared... I most of the time eat it as an addition to the main dish (so... soya steak:) potatoes and hot, cooked sauerkraut).

But I totally love kapusniak!!! it is also sauerkraut with potatoes (chopped ones) but made more like a soup... mniam mniam:) Meat-eaters add sausage to kapusniak:)

Sundancer, before we also stored partboiled pierogis (to keep them always for later on). But we tried once to freeze them without previous boiling... just you need to be careful, freeze first on the tray (so that they do not touch each other) and then it's easy to bag them and keep in the refrigarator.

Barbara Swiech, Polish Culture Editor
Polish Culture Website
Polish Culture Forum
BookAdvisor.Eu
Gecko
Gecko
Yes to freeze they must be done seperately then bagged first. Otherwise you will have nothing but a lump of dough. Once frozen and bagged then you can take out the exact amount needed for a meal.

tex Offline
Quote:
But I totally love kapusniak!!! it is also sauerkraut with potatoes (chopped ones) but made more like a soup... mniam mniam:) Meat-eaters add sausage to kapusniak:)

Hi Barbara....Kapusniak is my favorite soup. I make it with smoked ham hocks and sausage. umm....it's good.

And hi to you Chris, hope you are doing good.

~James

Gecko
Gecko
Ohhhh my mom used to make kapusniak and I liked it. (along with some good Polish Rye bread.

Howdy James......love my T-shirt and wear it all the time. laugh

(I'm doing good but always misbehaving...hehehehe)

Gecko
Gecko
Can someone explain the difference of kapusta, kapusniak, bigos. I am trying to find a recipe similar to my mom's (for directions mainly) What I have found are a variety of recipes but nothing similar to what I am looking for. She made it basically by using sauerkraut, rinsing it and then cooking for at least couple of hours. To that she added onions fried in butter, pepper, bay leave and pieces of kielbasa. I wish to make this for Christmas dinner but am afraid of the rinsing. I don't want to rinse all the sour flavor out but it needs to be just enough left in. Seems everyone has their own version and they add cabbage to it and mushrooms and tomatoes sometimes bacon, bake it. Mine is cooked on top of the stove and simmered. Maybe I'll just have to expperiment and hope for the best.

Last edited by rdywenur; 12/23/08 10:23 AM.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.