Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
B
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
B
Welcome to the site Greenwhip. What State are you in? While you are waiting for all the assessments is it possible for you to get an aide for her at school? What grade is she in?

Good luck and feel free to read the site and ask any questions so others can share feedback based on past experiences to help you along.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
C
Hi I am a mother of many, but my second daughter has Rett Syndrome-which is on the extreme end of the Autistic spectrum. I haven't read all the way through here yet, but are there any other parents of Rett girls??

Orthodox homeschooling mom to 7, one with Rett Syndrome
W
W
Hi,

I have two children with ASDs - my son has 'classic autism' and my daughter has AS

Alex AS

Hi everyone,
I am new here. I have 3 girls. The oldest (10 yrs old) has Aspergers as well as Bipolar and ADHD. Turns out my husband has all three DX as well although when I married him, we only knew about the Bipolar. It has been quite a journey. Preschool and early elementary school, with no DX, was a nightmare. I pulled her out to homeschool her after a horrible 1st grade experience. During the time she was at home with me we were able to get all the evals done and get her the therapies and meds she needed. I put her back in public school this past January. Now with official DX, the school put together a 504 plan and really worked with her. Her teacher was great. Still, her interaction with other kids was a problem. But after reading some posts on here by those with older kids who have gone on to succeed and excell in what they do, I have hope that no matter what, it will be okay. It is nice to know I have a place where I can talk to others who understand the challenges faced each day. So, hello. And I am glad to be here.

P.S. I get cash back on all my eBay purchases. Do you? I also get cash back from 100s of online retailers. Free to join. Learn About BigCrumbs .
B
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
B
Welcome to the new visitors here and thanks for sharing about your kids and offering insights.

AUTISM site
T
T
I am new here. We have adopted 2 children and the oldest has autism and global delays. I would like to know if I can homeschool him and what do I do ? We live in Delaware.
How do i get curriculum specific to his needs ?
He goes to a special school, but it seems he learns more at home than anywhere.I kept him home from summerschool this year and noticed improvement in several areas.
Can anyone please help me ?

Renate

M
M
Hi. My name is Mary. I'm a mother of two, My 4 year old daughter, Kaia, is NT. My 3 year old son, Aaron, was diagnosed with PDD-NOS earlier this year when he was 2 1/2. We had intensive in-home ABA therapy (covered by the State)for a few months until he turned 3. This helped him tremendously. He will be starting special education preschool at the end of this month. I look forward to reading posts in this forum.

B
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
B
Welcome Mary. Good luck to your son in the preschool. Both my sons did preschool special ed at the Elementary school around the corner. One year I had them both there, one in AM and one in PM.

AUTISM site
Y
Y
hi,im yadira ,and my english is so bad,i speak and write spanish,but i speak english welli hope that could understand me here in the forum what im trying to say,i have a 4 years old boy isaac whit autism,he was diagnostic 2 1/2 years old he is not speaking well,we speak whit him english he understand more english than spanish and he is not able to understand what the people is saying but sometimes he understand well,he speak short words,he is like a other ''regular kid,he play,sing,use the computer,play wii,playstation etc,etc..now he is in special ed.presschool and his teacher said is good idea he go a regular presschool..,but i feel that he needs more special help,my husband say is good he go whit regular kids because he could learn to speak and progress...i dont know what to do about his school program someone could write me back please.or write me e-mail..co_madre_03@hotmail.com thank you smile

Last edited by yadira; 09/02/08 11:00 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Hi Yadira,

(I think your English is very good).

I wonder how much of your son's not understanding could have to do with the language barrier?

It is hard enough for children with autism to learn to communicate, and it sounds like your child may be doing it in two languages.

I know my own son went from hardly speaking at all to full sentences like BAM! It could be that when your child is comfortable enough with his speech, he will do the same.

If your child is socially having a good time in "regular" pre-school, then I think it is fine to leave him there, and may be seek spech therapy for him in addition.

If he is staying upset about school all the time though, then you might want to look at putting him in special ed.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.