Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
das #319932 06/06/07 04:29 AM
Zebra
Zebra
Originally Posted By: das
Alexandra, you really want to help others.
I can see that anxiety in your words.
May god bless you.
Anytime, I need your help, May I ask you?

My friend, you don't even need to ask. Of course you can, but please remember, whatever I say will be said with true concern, compassion and love.
Howsoever you wish to accept what I say will always be for you to decide, there is no obligation or compunction upon you.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
LUNACY: Is a commonly used term for a person who is mentally ill,dangerous, foolish, or unpredictable.
Lunatic, (loony)

Mental insitutions used to be called (Lunatic Asylums) or colloquially " LOONY BINS"

Rosie L
Wolf
Wolf
moon is connected with this.

Not really cd, The word Lunacy gains its stem from "LUNA" for the Moon, which denotes the traditional link made in Folklore between madness and the phases of the moon.
This probley refers to the symptoms of cyclic mood disorders such as Bipolar disorder, or Cyclothymia, the symptoms of which may also go through phases,
As yet there is LITTLE EVIDENCE for any casual link between phases of the Moon and the progression of mood disorder systoms

Rosie L
K
KLW Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba
K
Hey Everyone,

Im kara and I was Diagnosed with Schizoaffective disorder back in 2003. I was 19 years old and now i am almost 24 years old. Schizoaffective disorder is a perplexing mental illness distinguished by a combination of symptoms of a thought disorder or other psychotic symptoms such as hallucinations or delusions (schizophrenia component) and those of a mood disorder (depressive or manic component). Schizoaffective disorder is - more common in women than in men.
Signs and symptoms of schizoaffective disorder may include:
- Strange or unusual thoughts or perceptions
- Paranoid thoughts and ideas
Delusions � having false, fixed beliefs
- Hallucinations, such as hearing voices
- Unclear or confused thoughts (disorganized thinking)
- Bouts of depression
- Manic mood, or a sudden increase in energy and behavioral
- displays that are out of character
- Irritability and poor temper control
- Thoughts of suicide or homicide
- Irrelevant or incoherent speech
- Lack of response, or an extreme agitation that's not
- influenced by the environment (catatonic behavior)
- Deficits in attention and memory
- Lack of concern about hygiene and physical appearance
- Changes in energy and appetite
- Sleep disturbances, such as difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep

If you have any of these symptoms please get evaluated. I was diagnosed with Depression then Bipolar Disorder in my teens then in my early adulthood I was diagnosed with Schizoaffective Disorder. Teenagers can get it to now.

Kara

KLW #376938 02/18/08 11:04 PM
Amoeba
Amoeba
Das - it does sound to me like perhaps it would be beneficial for you to explore the options open to you - which are many. Lunacy is a casually tossed around word that can have many meanings, and then again can have none. If the counseling is ineffective at this time, then it is possible that medication needs to be adjusted to help maintain some sort of balance for you so that it CAN eventually be effective. Of course being with a therapist who 'knows you' per se can be helpful because you have already established that place of trust with them, but perhaps if you were able to have he/she work in conjunction with someone for your ultimate benefit (2 heads can be better than one) then you can reach some sort of acceptable compromise for your treatment. But don't give up! You're on the right road!

Carissa Vaughn Mental Health Editor
das #400407 03/29/08 04:43 PM
~
~DD Offline
~
I know info about personality disorders, but is that what you mean about a mental disorder per se?

~always hope
~DD #419433 05/18/08 05:52 PM
Amoeba
Amoeba
Not necessarily. A personality disorders IS included in 'mental' disorders. Disorders of the mind (hence mental) include everything from depression to schizophrenia.

Carissa Vaughn Mental Health Editor
das #431725 07/01/08 05:45 AM
L
L
I think mental health should be given the attention it needs in order to provide help. It should not be treated seperately from others when it's on the rise even due to substance abuse.
laura green

Addiction Recovery Arkansas

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.