Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 30 31
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yup I am sure you will come up with the perfect thing!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
F
F
My goals are : Not to take the much load of office work,
Live and let live.
Making other ppl happy.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Those sound like great priorities, Foxy - now let's think about those in terms of actual distinct things to do this year! What could you do this year to make others happy? What could you do this year to reduce your workload?

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Hmmm. Amazon seems to update their reviewer rank in spurts. I have suddenly leapfrogged over my one year goal, which was:

8. Break 500,000 in Amazon reviewer rank

My rank is now 248,330, from the mid 800,000s. I am still on a par with people who have far less reviews than I, so I guess it's the waiting for the votes thing.

So on the one hand - yippee! I broke my one year goal in a couple of weeks! But on the other, I need to set an actually realistic one year goal and five year goal. My previous five year amazon goal is to break 100,000 on Amazon.

Someone help me set a realistic set of one year and five year amazon goals?

BTW, Lisa is now down to the esteemed rank of 40!!!!!!!! Wow.

Last edited by Jilly; 07/02/08 04:07 PM.
B
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
B
I want to learn to relax again.

Not worry if our other house sells (ok, I'd love to see it sell in another year's time too..lol.. but if not at least not worry about it.)

Spend more time with my children doing things that they enjoy.

Learn to live on less and be happy.

Get back in shape. One mile a day at least.

Get our solar units up (we have them but they are just sitting here.)

Go to see my family back in Ohio at least once (I'd love to do it more but I need to be real about what I can do. I want to at least make the trip there one time a year.)

If, and when we get our horses from Ohio to Alabama I want to make time for me to enjoy them here. I really do miss them.

Learn to manage my time better (less time on my computer would help..lol..)

Dora Renee' Wilkerson

Zebra
Zebra
Woo-hoo! Jilly! You go, girl! This is a great demonstration of one of my key precepts of goal setting (this is a pretty big part of my business), which is that once you put your goals in writing, the universe jumps in to help! So, you review & revise your goals on an ongoing basis. But, you celebrate those victories first! "Happy Dance"

I actually cannot remember how my Amazon ranking progressed, but I have not been reviewing for anywhere near five years--more like 3 and then sporadically/haphazardly at best. And, I'm right at 17,000 with 53 reviews.

So, in five years, you could really be up there. I'm sure it gets harder & longer to move up the higher your ranking--seems I've been in the ballpark of 17,000 forever!

But, really, I'd think 10,000 would be achievable for you. And, maybe even 5,000. It really depends on what you want and how much you want to review.

And, of course, whatever number you choose to aim for can be revised upward as you get there.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jilly that is *awesome*!! Don't worry about setting accurate long term goals - they are about direction mostly. Make your long term Amazon goal to "get as high as I can in Amazon" for now smile

For your short term goal, use the weight milestone card technique smile Aim for 200,000! Remember, it gets harder as you go up, so take it step by step and see how it goes smile

I hadn't even seen my Amazon change yet smile That's nice! It's a really slow one-by-one creep in this range ...

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Dora - those are great goals! We can definitely help with all of those goals. For the getting in shape we have several active health related forums including walking, low carb, yoga and exercise. Swing on by and we'll cheer you on!

We have tons of ideas for time management. Setting a priority list really helps - write it out and post it by your desk. Then make sure when you're working on things that they are in line with a priority and not something you've been roped into doing. It helps you to say "no" to non-essential things.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Deb that is awesome, I definitely bet you could get into the top 10,000.

A different kind of aim would be to search on Amazon on your topic key word - for example "walking" - and then find a way to review every one of the top 10 results. That way no matter which book someone clicked on, your review would be there giving you free publicity smile

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Hmm. Okay, thanks for the encouragement guys! Okay, so my new One Year Goal is to hit the teens in Amazon. Five Year Goal to break 10,000.

Short term goal is to break 200,000 as Lisa suggests. How often do they reconfigure these rankings? Once a month?

Lisa, I wonder how low you can get. It's exciting to watch.

Page 4 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 30 31

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.