Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Once you have your one year goals mapped out -

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
One of my personal key goals is to get my mail inbox under control. Jill has been an awesome help here, taking on press releases and other mail streams.

I have a current backlog of just under 1,100 messages right now - but I figure if fewer are now coming in at me, I can read through and handle about say 200 a day. So at that rate I *should* be caught up in a week!

So that is my current goal - I think I have a good plan in place, and now I simply have to work through implementing it smile

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Woo hoo!! I've gotten my inbox down to 899 messages!! This was sort of the "easy set" - a fair number of those were bounce messages from a bunch of mailings I just did. So now I'm getting down into the "actually require work for each response" set. Still, I have made progress!

Low Carb Forum
Zebra
Zebra
Attagirl, Lisa!

I guess I put the articles in the wrong place! Here they are, again:

Quote:
Once you have your goals set and written, then you create Action plans for them! Action Plans are really road maps to your goals!

Here's the basics of: Action Plans

And, here's an article on Action Plan Tips & Examples (Don't skip this one!)

And, finally, here's a form you can use:

Action Plan Form

Last edited by BellaDeb; 06/23/08 05:13 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Okay, i have printed out the priorities, five year and one year goals i posted. I need to go through this and make notes. I have not read Deb's links yet - need to do that too.

Then i can figure out how to get each thing off the ground.

1. Amazon Reviewer Project

I can at least start with saying I am working on one long term project right now - to raise my Amazon reviewer rank. Done so far: listed some reviews. I had a few old ones up from my Fish editor days and have now added my mostly yoga reviews. I went around and looked for some amazon friends and interesting people to add. I messed with my bio info, web link, signature and misc other areas. So I think i ready to have people see my profile...if anyone thinks i should add anything, like lists or bios, or whatnot, please let me know:BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by Jilly; 06/23/08 08:17 PM.
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Great post! Mid year is an excellent time to review goals.

One of my goals is always to maintain what I'm currently doing since I've had a problem in the past with stick-to-itiveness. I've done pretty well with maintaining my current commitments, however this year I was supposed to do more readings and interviews to promote my writing.

I did exactly one radio interview in January and haven't put much effort into doing more. Instead I started to do something I'm more comfortable with which is viral marketing on a social networking website. This is not something I had written down as a goal, but still very important and effective. Also I was supposed to re-write an old novel. While I'm not doing that I am working on a new novel with a co-writer. Again this isn't a goal I had written down at the start of the year, but the project is going well and I'm very excited about it!

In the world of life coaching, goals should be SMART. Specific, Measurable, Attractive, Reasonable and attached to a Timeline.

At the same time I think planning in life is like plotting a novel, you try to plan as best you can and follow through, but sometimes you simply go with the flow.

take care,

Leah

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

B
Gecko
Gecko
B
[quote=Jilly]Okay, i have printed out the priorities, five year and one year goals i posted. I need to go through this and make notes. I have not read Deb's links yet - need to do that too.

Then i can figure out how to get each thing off the ground.

1. Amazon Reviewer Project

I can at least start with saying I am working on one long term project right now - to raise my Amazon reviewer rank. Done so far: listed some reviews. I had a few old ones up from my Fish editor days and have now added my mostly yoga reviews. I went around and looked for some amazon friends and interesting people to add. I messed with my bio info, web link, signature and misc other areas. So I think i ready to have people see my profile...if anyone thinks i should add anything, like lists or bios, or whatnot, please let me know:BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Barbara Sharpe

Zebra
Zebra
I think your ranking goes up on Amazon based on two things:

Number of reviews you post

and

Number of helpful votes

Of course, Lisa is the Review Queen (she's queen of a lot of things!) wink and she writes great reviews of darn near everything she comes in contact with. So, that's where I got that.

If you look at her reviews, they are all quite detailed and she gets lots of helpful votes.

Now, I'm not nearly so reviewerly. (NEW WORD!) But, over a couple of years, I've gotten to just under 17,000 with 53 reviews -- some pretty lame ones, too!

And, if I do want to review something, I don't really care if it's new or not. I am a bit more picky about stuff I review for my sites--I want them to at least be current info and available to buy. But, if I buy a second hand book from Amazon or eBay or even get one at the library, I'll review it for Amazon. Sometimes. I read like 50 books for every one I review. Just laziness.

And, I had one of the first reviews for one book and got tons of helpful votes and for another, I was first and nobody ever sees the darn book at all!

B
Gecko
Gecko
B
Thanks, Deb. I wondered about that. I read A LOT so I'll just have to slow down and write more thoughtful reviews. smile Thanks for the advice.

Barbara Sharpe

Zebra
Zebra
If anyone has goals related to starting or expanding a business, I'm offering free help in my forum! I can help you find ideas for a business suited to you, or help you expand your current business with new products, services, marketing tips, and so on!

Click here to post: Free Business Ideas & help

And, if you need a fitness program, let me suggest walking. I'll also provide free walking coaching! And, I'm starting a virtual walking group through the American Heart Association on Facebook (I hope they get the kinks worked out).

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/21/24 01:27 PM
Fabric Flowers for Spring
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/15/24 10:40 PM
Review - Animated Illustrations by Jamie Bartlett
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/14/24 02:52 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/13/24 08:26 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/13/24 06:20 PM
Review - Adobe Animate Essential Training
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:15 PM
Learn EVERYTHING about Creating Repeat Patterns
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:04 PM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.