Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#407465 04/15/08 10:05 PM
J
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
J
Do you remember the Bobby Ferrin song, "Don't worry, Be Happy!"?

Are you one of those lucky people who can be content with where you are in life, or are you always dissatisfied?

Please check out my new article, Be Happy With Your Life, and let me know what you think!

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
J
What was the biggest, scariest thing you did to change your life?

B
Koala
Koala
B
Drive across country with a one year old while 7 months pregnant. Went from NJ to CA and had no place to go to in particular.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
W
Shark
Shark
W
Bonnie-I bet that makes you a very strong person now. You can probably handle anything and everything.

WestCoastDenise
West Coast Travel Site & Forum

E
E
i left home and tried to settle myself alone in a place where i was not acquainted with. it really did make an impact to my life.

J
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
J
You guys are brave! I did the same thing, although I wasn't pregnant and I didn't have children, so it was a bit easier for me!

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
When I quit my first job without a new prospect. Fortunately I have friends who are in this universe!

S
Gecko
Gecko
S
Well this may sound silly, but I'm deathly afraid of speaking in front of people. When my Grandfather died my mother asked me to write the eulogy because I'm the writer in the family. That was fine until she told me I was going to get up and read it in front of a church full of people. That changed everything. I was sick about it. I was quite anxious, but I knew "I" was the one that had to read it, no one else. So the time came and I went up in front of the church, got out my reading glasses, took out my water bottle and began to read.

Half way through I got choked up and felt like I was going to pass out. Two men in the front row started to approach the alter. But I stopped, took a swig of water, cleared my throat and continued on. People in the church were crying, but I pushed on to get through. When I sat down I noticed my legs were shaking. People came up to me afterwards and complimented me on my words.

I felt like I got over more than my fear of public speaking that day. I've had a different renewed outlook on life ever since my Grandfather's funeral that is hard to put in words. I've been more willing to reach out and take more chances and challenge myself since then. It took stepping outside of my comfort zone to gain some zest back.

Last edited by DebCreativeEditor; 06/19/08 02:04 PM.
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
The scariest thing I ever did was to leave my home and husband of 25 years and find a life on my own. Talk about leaping into the abyss!
The second scariest thing came about 3 years later when I quit my part time job as a lab assistant and became a full-time artist.
The good news is that the years since have been the happiest of my whole life.

J
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
J
I'm sorry about your grandfather, but congratulations on getting through that speech Deb!!! Public speaking is terrifying enough on its own w/o the added sorrow of a death in the family.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Tina - Living Simply 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.