logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#419926 05/20/08 10:07 AM
OP Offline
I am trying to update some of the topics on the website, now that I've gotten into a routine for things. One of the subjects that is Religious Crafts. I was wondering if you like that general category. If you do, what would you expect to find there. I, at first, thought of doing crafts for things like vacation bible school, but most of those already have a theme and provide that type of information. Please give me some ideas so I can add information that is helpful to you. smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Make figures/creche out of that homemade bread dough clay stuff - equal parts of salt and flour, a little water and a few drops of glycerin. You make the figure, bake it, then paint it. We have done this almost every Christmas and have many homemade tree ornaments. We sign and date each piece and it is so fun to unpack them every year and read the dates/names. Memories!!!

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
You can also make angels out of those old fashioned clothes pins. They sell pkgs of them in craft stores and you can buy the little stands to pop them in so they will stand up. Paint tiny faces, glue on some hair, make arms from pipe cleaners, make a simple gown out of a scrap of material (use fabric glue rather than sewing), add halos and wings from lace or paper or foil and you got yourself some darling little angels. When kids make them, the different facial expressions are so precious!

Last edited by Phyllis, NatAmEd; 06/02/08 06:09 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
My kids made those clothes pin angels when they were in headstart there so cute

Rosie L
Gecko
Gecko
Well here is a suggestion, include ALL religions including Wiccan, Pagan, and New Age, Buddhism etc. My Granddaughter is attending a one of a kind daycare where they ask the parents to tell them what they celebrate and how. The daycare then creates a craft related to it, this way the kids get to learn how other people celebrate and at the same time they get to celebrate as they do at home. This helps the kids in so many ways, they don't feel "weird" or left out and so far it has worked out fabulous. None of the parents to date have objected to allowing their child to participate and to my knowledge they have about 6 different religions.

HI I am new to using the forum here. Wanted to intro. myself.

I am BevinFlorida USA I am disabled permanently and home bound mainly. Married to my soul mate and we have one fur canine baby. I love do to all kinds of crafts cross stitch counted is my favorite but I love most all of them I see that the counted cross stitch area is not really used to much and maybe we can get others involved in that and also right along with the Topic Religious crafts.

I have some websites that have freebie patterns and would gladly share them also would be fun to get things to gether for Christmas and the other holidays/ etc that are represented here on the forum

Thank You BevinFL smile

BevinFL
OP Offline
Thank you so much for your responses. I really like the idea of finding out what religious events you celebrate and then suggesting craft ideas. I'll keep an eye on the forum for the religious ideas you are requesting and work from there.

The ideas about the angels and the creche are just so cute. If I find a good website that offers instructions, I'll be certain to add it to the main site.

It is so wonderful to hear from you,

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.