Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
LOL! Yeah, he pretty much leaves at 5 AM so he can leave work at 3 PM to try and miss most of the traffic.

It works sometimes....

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
D
I hear motorcycles are super cheap on gas.

C
C
I was riding my Harley 883 to college a lot of days of the last semester. I carried my books in a large and heavy backpack, and had a smaller one with loose straps that I wore over the first--it had my lunch, water bottle, and knitting for between classes in it. I can easily see carrying a laptop, etc., while riding a smaller bike.

My dentist rides a Honda 250 to work and back--it's small and looks like a dirt bike. Says it gets 70 mpg, and he's had it up to 70mph on occasion.

My only concern would be that your Hubby realizes that while a motorcycle can be an awesome way to save gas, when the roads are the least bit wet the bike can slide easily. A tiny bit of moisture on the pavement in a curve can be serious, and if another driver gets stupid trying to perform evasive maneuvers may prove impossible. While I am comfortable with my skills in driving on wet roads, the skills of other drivers concern me enough that I take the car in inclement weather.

Amoeba
Amoeba
Harley 883 is worth enough.

But I was amazed to here that you are comfortable with driving on wet roads. I am scared of that.

It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well - Rene Descartes
motorcycles save gas only if you fill it right. and at night when properly changing the tire pressure. theres a bar that cut across the inside of the gas tank dont pas it and therefore burn fuel normaly and not waist it.

C
C
Originally Posted By: LesFex
Harley 883 is worth enough.

But I was amazed to here that you are comfortable with driving on wet roads. I am scared of that.

I guess I ought to mention that I drive very carefully on wet roads even in a car...when I first learned to drive it was raining every day I went out, so I know my limits. In fact, I consider myself to be a much better driver in wet weather than in dry, because I pay closer attention to the road conditions.

E
evo Offline
E
The chopper that I drive burns as much gas as a small car, that's why it's parked right now. Harleys don't get great mileage either. To get the best mileage from a bike, the same rules apply as when you want to get the best from a car. Drive it smooth with no jack rabbit starts.

Wet roads and rain storms are no more a friend to the biker than they are any other motorist. Caution should prevail. Lots of cars get hit by lightening and the charge travels around the frame with no harm to the driver. Motorcycles don't give riders that protection. If you hear thunder, the best idea is to park it. The tough guys might ride it out and make it and more power to them, but I'd rather take the odds that let me ride another day. Ride safe. Evo

There's never enough time to ride as far as I want!

http://www.gogocycles.com/SMD Home of Strike Lightnin' Choppers and Rally
C
C
Good point about the differences in bikes and driving methods--DH has a Full-dressed Electroglide that gets aobut 45 mpg, my 883 gets almost 50, and our 2 smaller bikes (yamaha 535 and Honda CT110) get around 55 and 100 mpg respectively.

EXCELLENT point about lightning!

F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
I get about 50 mpg from my Yamaha VStar 650.

A
A

To see the gasas prices, We should consider getting a motorcycle to cut back on gas prices. Because I think definitely bike, helmet, gear, etc. be worth the amount of money we would save on gas.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.