logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Gecko
Gecko
Meanwhile...

Derissa peered out over the ledge, looking down into the larger cavern. Her lips parted slightly as she watched the goblins moving to and fro, practicing with their spears and playing a game...or arguing...or was that mating? She didn't really want to know.

Her keen eyes focused a few other tunnels and her curiosity drew her to one that went back in the direction of the way she came...sort of. It went deeper and she was certain something entertaining would be there. She was, however, honor-bound to return to the party. What honor she had, anyway, bound her.

She took another sweeping look around the cavern, then slithered back and to her feet, turning to stalk back to the rest of the party--which she figured had probably moved into the cave and were trying to find her. Why couldn't they just leave her alone? Of course, the moment they did that, she reasoned, would be the moment she'd actually need them.

Careful what you wish for...

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
"[Kryssie] plans to take over the world one banner at a time"
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
The goblin leads the group further into the tunnel, pointing out several more traps (all neatly disarmed) along the way.

"Be quiet now," the goblin cautions, and then lets out a yelp as Derissa practically materializes out of the shadows in front of the group.

Gecko
Gecko
Without hesitation, Derissa aims a punch at the goblin's face. "No one thought to disarm -his- trap?!" She looked at the rest of the party. They didn't seem amused. "Oh, c'mon...it was at least a -little- funny..." She looked over her shoulder and listened carefully.

"We should be okay. I don't think his yelp was loud enough to alert anyone else," she looks behind her, now alert to any sounds coming toward them. "Why can't you just...wait...would it kill you to stand out side and let me do what I'm good at doing?! Don't answer that. I will one day learn to not ask questions for which I shall regret knowing the answer." She rubbed her temples and sighed.

"Alright, here's what's ahead. There's a large room and a very good number of goblins. The two main arteries in and out are pretty busy. It's quite amazing, actually. I've already disarmed the traps on the way there, so it should be safe, but you'll want to -not- use a torch if you expect -not- to be seen." She clips a smirk to Randol, "I guess this is where you have to trust me..."

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Derissa led the group through the dark tunnel to the balcony overlooking the cavern. The torches in the cavern itself provided enough light to see by.

The scene was much as she'd described. Far more goblins present than could be overcome by force, even though Kam muttered under her breath. The ones practicing with weapons were clearly soldiers, which lent credence to the idea that they were planning to invade Artesia.

The flow of materials from a tunnel leading to the mountain to one nearly below the balcony was a bit more puzzling. There were wagons piled with food and barrels, some covered in canvas, others with clubs and spears piled high. Yet another held picks, shovels, and lanterns.

Other tunnels led out of the great cavern as well, in all directions. Derissa spotted one with minimal traffic that she thought the group could reach with an easy traverse and descent. Anyone falling, though, would surely alert the goblins below.

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
All the way through, Randol wondered what she had meant when she told him that "Now he will have to trust her."?

He wasn't about to trust her. He wasn't about to trust anyone yet. Besides, with his magic, he had no problem seeing in the dark. He couldn't help but wonder how the rest of them were doing though.

He was keeping a close eye on Derissa for now. He knew that she had her own agenda for coming here as did he and he was hoping that her agenda wasn't going to get him or the rest of the party killed.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Gecko
Gecko
"That one, right there... let's take that tunnel," Derissa said, pointed to a minimally trafficked tunnel. "Randol, you go first and help the others, I'll follow after everyone to make sure things stay silent."

It would also allow her to make a clean get away should someone make a lot of noise. Self-preservation was the name of the game, after all--at least in the Thieves' Guild. Which she wasn't really a part of anymore. Officially. But, that was beside the point. She really did want to help and she'd be more of a help at the back at this moment. She could see everything and could let them know if there was a problem. Plus...she had a crossbow tucked away somewhere in that loose-fitting robe of hers. Yes, it was best she stay at the top and help lower the others down to Randol.

...what an odd couple these two were turning out to be... A rogue and a sorcerer working together for the greater good of ... nah. It was just happenstance that the two of them were being civil. Derissa, after all, had her own agenda...and was that even her real name? Who knew...besides the Empire...

(( out for the weekend! be back Tuesday! ))

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
The empire, after all, knows everything about anything that they want to.

Randol was feeling very uneasy right now. He has no idea what she has on her mind. He wasn't worrying about himself so much because of his powers. He can get himself out of just about any kind of trouble at any time.

However, he was concerned with the others' safety. Would she really put them in harms' way for some treasure?

Finally, he said, "All right. You wanted me to trust you? Here I am trusting you right now."

With that, he effortlessly descended to the ground and scurried behind some rocks so he could see if the coast is clear without being seen.

A few moments later, he signaled that it was okay and the vine dropped to his feet. He looked up and waited for Derissa to begin lowering them down.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Randol finds that the route to the tunnel Derissa pointed out is fairly clear. The goblins' attentions are elsewhere, either on their weapons practice, and the growing argument (or mating) going on in another group. While getting into the tunnel with all the traffic would be nearly impossible, this side tunnel seems deserted.

The rest of the group is able to follow in his steps easily enough, with Derissa bringing up the rear, watching for the alarm.

The tunnel continues on for some time. After a hundred yards, they're forced to light a torch, as they light from the main cavern has diminished to nearly nothing.

After about fifteen minutes, the group can hear goblins conversing up ahead, sounding like barks in their native language.

Gecko
Gecko
Derissa listens closely to the barks, then pushes her way to the front of the group, trying to see if she can discern any of what's being said. Her goblinish is rudimentary, but it's what she has at the moment.

Her eyes scan for any signs of alarm or traps in this area. She didn't think there were any, however, one can never be too careful--especially with goblins.

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Derissa started down the darkened cavern and Randol tried to stop her to find out what she was doing, but she just ignored him and disappeared into the darkness.

"What is she doing?" Kam asked not liking this stealth stuff. She just wanted to go and start beating goblins up.

"I don't know but I think we should wait here and see if she comes back with some news or just comes back period. I say we give her a few minutes and then go on in."

Reluctantly, the other two agreed with Randol.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Leif - Role Playing Games 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.