Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I think in terms of risk that it's much safer for the guy to have the vasectomy. So in terms of keeping both people safe, I would definitely go the vasectomy route.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
I just feel guilty in a way because he has to do the surgery instead of me. I know that I am 100% sure that I dont want kids but I think he is a fence sitter. I am sure that he would make a great dad and we could adopt later on if we ever get rich enough to do that. but I think there may be a part of him that wants his own child.... I have tried to talk to him about it but he is a people pleaser so he tends to say nothing or tell people what he thinks they want to hear... it is hard to know what he is thinking... I dont want him to do this because he thinks it is what I want. I want him to do it because he wants too.

Yeah We are going to have a very long talk later tonight....

Elephant
Elephant
What you can always do is have him make multiple deposits and have them frozen before the big V. It is quite a lot safer to get the v verses the TL. I think some men see it as removing their "manliness" but when you think about it, it should improve your love life as there will be less to "worry" about

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Elephant
Elephant
another thing to consider, it's two small incisions that take all of 2 weeks to heal... verses the TL which takes months.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
See That is what I am thinking we have been doing the spermiside thing for sooooooo long that It is just a hassle and sex is more routine now... I tried bc but with my homones out of wack anyways... it just dont work! PLUS I am alergic to latex and he is alergic to the other stuff.... I always worry that the spermiside wont work and I WILL GET PREGNET ANYWAYS!!! thats a real turn off!

Hi! I'm new here.
If you're looking for permanent sterilization, and are finding it difficult to choose between fairly major surgery for you (tubal ligation) and making your partner undergo a procedure (vasectomy), you may want to check out a fairly new option called Essure. It's an office procedure that can be done with just local anesthesia, where a small metal coil is placed in each fallopian tube (via the [censored]/cervix - no incisions). The coils cause scar tissue to form, which blocks the fallopian tubes. This is later verified by putting a dye that shows up on X-rays in your uterus and seeing if it leaks past the coils - it's called a hysterosalpingogram. Way less downtime than a tubal (some ladies go back to work the next day), and you get to own your sterilization. (I'm sure that you and your partner will get to be together for a very long time, but if something unfortunate did occur, you're still "fixed".) I'm so having it done - the second I can find a doctor that will do it on a nulliparous lady in her early 30's. smile

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Freespirit - I definitely have found with men that they are often raised to "not show emotions" and to be manly. So then when a partner tries to talk with them about an emotional issue, all those years of training kick in and they do not share how they really feel. It is exceedingly hard, but it can be overcome with time and patience.

Try to make the situation as non-confrontational as possible. Quiet music, no TV, wait until you've eaten, maybe had a drink, and nobody is around. Then open with neutral questions. "I would like to hear how you feel about xxxx". Don't give your own opinion, don't "answer" (as in say anything judgmental) in response to anything he says. Just give affirmations such as "I can see why you feel that way" and so on. Keep drawing him out. It might not work the first time, or the second, but over time he'll start to trust that he really can just say what he feels without being penalized for it.

It is *really* hard to do - to just listen without commenting on things - but it is important for it to work.

That all being said, remember, he can usually reverse a vasectomy. So don't think of it as a "final dead end" for him. If something drastic happened and he really wanted to have kids, he could. So you're not doing something permanent to him.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Megs - welcome to the forum!! It's great to have you here smile

That is really fascinating, I hadn't heard of Essure before. My partner and I have been together 13 years and definitely do not want children. He, however, is very much against a vasectomy. He won't even discuss it. I am afraid of a tubal ligation because of the hormonal issues. I will definitely have to look into this!

Low Carb Forum
Shark
Shark
I wouldn't depend on a vasectomy. I know a TL can be scary, but if I had taken charge of my own fertility and put my foot down, I wouldn't have to worry about it now.

If you are healthy enough to have a TL and are sure you never want children, it may be a better choice, especially if somewhere down the road you find out your SO is not just a fencesitter, but someone who really does want children.

This would avoid long arguments over 'his' surgery, his not getting it/putting it off, or a positive pregnancy test. It is no fun trying to argue with someone deadset against ending a pregnancy and talk sense to them.

Last edited by Julie-Cleaning; 04/30/08 12:42 PM.

Julie Fletcher
Cleaning Editor
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Julie - I'm not sure if you were responding to me or one of the previous posters. In our case, we don't have arguments - I know his view on a vasectomy and I accept it. There is no issue with either of us about ending a pregnancy either. However, I would rather be proactive about it. I have enough hormone issues now that I don't want to make things worse.

I almost wish I would go into early menopause - but several of my friends are in menopause and that sounds even worse as far as hormones go ...

I've tried numerous other options like the patch, and again, hormone issues ...

Low Carb Forum
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 08:19 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.