logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Gecko
Gecko
Actually, life is present BEFORE conception. Those eggs are "alive", so each time you menstruate you're killing something. A fetus is the potential for human life, not is human life.

Get fifty scientists together and they'll give you fifty different definitions of what qualifies as "alive", so the fact that you found some that support your view isn't unbelievable, but also doesn't mean you're right.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
E
Please!Can you support your POV w/o misquoting and veering off topic? This is not a discussion about life. It is a discussion about human lives, and their rights. Like the one quote said; a fetus is a stage of human life, just as being teenager.

Good point: Can you find quotes from reputable scientists (approved by a non-biased reliable group ex: US Senate) that says a fetus is not a human being? I'd be glad see their quotes. Remember, now, look for human life not just the word "alive".

Amoeba
Amoeba
First, I'm not going to get into the reputation for lack of bias of the U.S. Senate (or any other governmental entity.) I am, however, going to say that people on this forum are not required to back their points of view on being pro-choice for the benefit of pro-life users. As a pro-lifer, if you do not like that, you're quite welcome to move on to the BellaOnline pro-life forum and discuss it with others who agree with you.

Second, if you are a pro-life person here, and are here solely to harass or otherwise "convert" pro-choice people to your way of thinking, again move on to the pro-life forum.

Third, although I am a very patient person, the tenor of this thread is definitely pushing me to the edge. Although it may make you furious, the people on this forum have a right to their opinions - that goes for both sides. However, this is a pro-choice forum, and if you are not here to discuss the topic with civility, please do not post. I do not want to be forced to delete or lock threads...

Last edited by Liz-Pro-Choice Editor; 04/21/08 05:31 PM.

Elizabeth Ross
Pro-Choice
P
OP Offline
P
Give it up Emgirl, the minute you narrow it down to the truth, they threaten to kick you off the forum. That's what happens when one knows in their conscience that they are wrong: First they try to confuse the topic with irrelevant facts and then if that doesn't work, they plug their ears and tell the other person their voice is no longer welcome.

We are no more welcome than the babies that they are willing to kill.

Please give it up...it does no good and as I've found, you won't learn anything of value.

Gecko
Gecko
Originally Posted By: Curtis'mom
"That's what happens when one knows in their conscience that they are wrong: First they try to confuse the topic with irrelevant facts and then if that doesn't work, they plug their ears and tell the other person their voice is no longer welcome. We are no more welcome than the babies that they are willing to kill. Please give it up...it does no good and as I've found, you won't learn anything of value."

C-mom, you're what we call in our forum a "troll." Wikipedia defines a troll as "someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion."

YEP, that pretty much defines your posts in here. Especially with this immature, mud-slinging nonsense: "We are no more welcome than the babies that they are willing to kill." Go knit some booties...that's more in-line with your educational level and intellectual stimuli.

This thread caught my eye because I'm GLAD there is a choice, and I will do what I can to uphold that choice. I'm appalled that John McCain wants to 1) reverse Roe v. Wade 2) put "choice" in the hands of the states and then 3) try to eliminate our choice one state at a time.

How many pro-life folks ever thought about whether or not a child wants to be born to people who didn't want it? What kind of life would that be, knowing your entire existence is nothing but a mistake? If a parent cannot provide for a child (and doesn't want to), I think it's even worse to force that person through this thing called life, which isn't always easy even if you're loved and given everything you want and need JUST to say you took the supposed "high road," made sacrifices and "did the right thing."

I used to be pro-life, but then through a mixture of education and experience, I walked assuredly to the other side. I don't think abortion should be used in the place of self-control or as a form of birth control, but mistakes happen, especially to teenagers and, as it seems, to the people least prepared to handle it.

Case study: Tamara, a 19-year-old mother of three (and these three babies came from three different boys, none of whom are in Tamara's or the babies' lives), who lives on peanut butter, canned meat and an occasional piece of fruit, and who resides in a condemned house in a part of town none of us would dare venture, gets pregnant by her current crack-addicted, abusive boyfriend. Before you're so quick to raise the baby-killer flag, I ask you: Would YOU want to be the baby in the tummy?

Last edited by Angela P; 04/22/08 10:59 AM.

"Men and women think that it is necessary to have children. It is not. It is their animal nature and social custom, rather than reason, which makes them believe that this is a necessity." --Democritus
B
Gecko
Gecko
B
Angela:
I really enjoyed reading your post.
I am in PA and I was able to vote this morning. I do prefer one of the candidates to the other, but I would be happy with either of them because there is no way I will ever vote for a president that wants to reverse Roe v Wade. I am crossing my fingers that the Democratic nominee wins this one after all these years with this president in office who not only is Anti-Choice, but against stem cell research.
Are we going to go back to the middle ages? Are women going to be treated as cattle - unable to make their own decisions reguarding their bodies? What kind of life is that.

Gecko
Gecko
FYI, Curtis'mom has submitted a total of 25 posts, 19 of which were in the Pro-Choice room, 1 was in the Pro-Life room.

Taking a step back and applying my own metaphor, how different is this than heading out to eat at night but then deciding that instead of enjoying your own vegetarian meal, you'd rather make a night of driving by steak restaurants and bitching at everyone enjoying their meals?

"Men and women think that it is necessary to have children. It is not. It is their animal nature and social custom, rather than reason, which makes them believe that this is a necessity." --Democritus
B
Gecko
Gecko
B
Wanting to argue as they usually do.......

Amoeba
Amoeba
I don't think we want to give them what they want, do we?

Elizabeth Ross
Pro-Choice
B
Gecko
Gecko
B
Definitely not..... but when you see stupidity in front of your face, it is hard to ignore!

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Suzanne-Pro-Choice Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.