Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Originally Posted By: frieda7
Bravo!!! Well said Pinecone. You rock.

Thank you! smile I'll let ya know if it gets printed...

Simone de Beauvoir dismissed motherhood as, "...'a strange mixture of narcissism, altruism, idle daydreaming, sincerity, bad faith, devotion and cynicism."

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
I think you wrote a great letter! Can't blame you for doing a "CF nudge" since that first person was being a baby brat. :P

S
Shark
Shark
S
Here is a quick idea...simply write:

Dear parent who thinks they are above the law:

See you soon!!!

"--insert picture of a can of gas.. and a match--"

C
Gecko
Gecko
C
Pinecone! You totally ROCK! Great job!

"The world might be considerably poorer if the great writers had exchanged their books for children of flesh and blood." ~Virginia Woolfe
T
Amoeba
Amoeba
T
Lol at Skeeter! Inspired - I love that!

Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Thanks, all! laugh laugh

The letter didn't get published, unfortunately. frown Boo! Maybe Monday though...

Simone de Beauvoir dismissed motherhood as, "...'a strange mixture of narcissism, altruism, idle daydreaming, sincerity, bad faith, devotion and cynicism."

J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
You know, I wonder if the neighbors would have been so quick to come to the defense of "children's fort man" if that obstruction had not been a child's fort, but rather, for example, a large garage so that the owner could house a collection of vintage cars? When the child's fort went up, it seems people wanted an exception to be made because it is for the fostering of the youth. I wonder if the neighbors/supporters would have been as supportive of a large garage and the fostering of that adult hobbie? I'm going to go out on a limb and say probably not.

I don't know about many of you but I, and many people I know, grew up without a large fort to play in and we turned out to be creative, successful and well-adjusted adults. We simply found other things to play with and made our forts out of pillows and blankets. I think this used to be called "creativity", "imagination" and necessity being the mother of invention! yeah!

Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
jhmd, I agree with you completely. You should see pics of this fort too... it is insanely fancy. I can see why he wouldn't want to dismantle it at this point, but what was going through his head when he decided to build it without checking into permits, etc., I'll never know.

But yeah, I had a little "clubhouse" I built out of an old dog kennel and some scraps of wood... and I turned out okay (alright, that one is probably a matter of opinion, haha). There is no way that children NEED that sort of fancy playhouse in any way. Sickening, really, how some kids get spoiled and how so many people think that these kids are just entitled to get all this material [censored].

J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
He probably figured that if he sneakily put the fort up that it would be too much of a pain for anyone to force him to take it down. You know, he kind of came in through the back door instead of asking permission from the neighborhood association or whomever needed to be notified. The damage had already been done and I am sure he is hoping that the whole thing will get dropped and he would have just sneaked it on by the powers that be.

R
R
I agree he probably figured they won't make him take it down. Was the letter printed yet?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.