Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
W
Shark
Shark
W
Great idea Mindy. I've written in my car sometimes but my battery gives out after an hour.

Right now, I write in my "Wisdom" room (room name based on a Feng Shui book). It's more of a library room due to space. If I can get a new laptop, back deck will get the honors.

WestCoastDenise
West Coast Travel Site & Forum

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
I write on my laptop, standing at my kitchen counter! I hate sitting all day, and our counters are higher than your average kitchen countertops, so there I stand, in between the coffee maker and the kitchen sink. I don't have far to go for a coffee break :-)

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
LOL - I do that too sometimes! That's the trouble with laptops - they can be most places we are.I so missed mine when we took a break in London!

Be careful not to splash wash-up water on yours though!

What kind of stuff do you write? Is it stuff you need good concentration for?

Some things, like my bella articles lol, I need quiet to focus.

Know what you mean about sitting down - makes you feel unhealthy! I check in to the Walking Forum occasionally as it reminds me to fit a walk into my day!

G
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
G
I write in my bedroom. I have a desk and computer and I spend most of my time in my bedroom. I have a tv that I also keep on because a lot of times I find much inspiration from the tv most times.

We are planning on moving and we will have a 2 bedroom apt that will be just for me and my husband. Right now my oldest son lives with us with his 5 year old daughter. Her mother was killed in a car accident about a year agao so we let him live with us while he got up on his feet. cry

Well, the time has come for us to part ways and we will have our own place and he will have his for him and his daughter. frown

The extra bedroom will become my office/our office. I have all my books in storage because it was not enough room. So I will make me a library and small office when it is just the 2 of us. wink

I so desparatly need a lap top so I am not chained to the desk and PC all the time. I do take pen and paper when I go out so I can write. I do a lot of riding around with my husband and waiting for him when I am not home.eek

My bedroom is my bedroom even when my children were young they were not allowed in my bedroom. It is where I do everything, meditate, read my bible, study, research, watch tv, listen to music, write, read and just enjoy the quietness. cool

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Sounds like an oasis of peace, calm and tranquility in there! Somewhere to recharge batteries (emotional and mental) so we are ready for our families/writing again.

There was once a story that Enid Blyton locked her children up while she was writing, so she could concentrate! I don't think any of us would go that far LOL!

Finding balance in life is key - but tricky!

L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
I change writing rooms every few days. this week I'm in my bedroom because it's the basement, so it's cool, and I can keep my kids away from the TV. I prefer the living room because it's central and I can know what's going on in each room. Often, though I'm in the kitchen, too. It's just too easy to cook & write. Chopping things sparks creativity

I write all over the place. I live alone so I am free to use my laptop just about anywhere.

I would love it if someone would invent a waterproof laptop so I could write in the bath! My idea of heaven.

Jan Harper, Current Events Editor
Current Event Website

Never meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

Amoeba
Amoeba
I do have a desk (and soon an office). I pretty much carry my laptop with me everywhere, though, so I write on the couch, at the dining room table, in bed. I also go to a coffee shop or just downtown to sit at least once a week - limits the hermit feeling.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Right now I'm writing in my husband's old bedroom with pictures of trains on the wall over his __double__ bed! We're living with his mom, who's 96 yrs old and basically dying but may still be here in a year... or maybe a week. No way to tell. See my post entitled "Work" to read more about my plight. But, hey, I am working!

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I write in coffeehouses mostly or right from my living room couch. It depends what the distractions are at home.

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.