logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Gecko
Gecko
Freespirit, are you talking about my personal site Blessed Elements ? If so those are patterns I designed and the scarves and the shawl actually have a crochet stitch that looks like a pine tree smile and the hat has a spiral, there will be more of a selection as I add more, it takes time smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
Well yes that was one site that i used for an example but I was talking more in general like what makes a craft a pagan craft? I know that the Pine trees are very pretty but what makes them pagan? and the spirals? I love your site btw!! and I am not picking on you it is just I am trying to figure out what the line is to difine Pagan Crafts aposed to craft crafts.. laugh Does that make more sence?

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Hi Freespirit,

These are just my thoughts, but pagans have symbols that are special. The spiral, among many others. Now crafts are crafts, but say that a christian wants christian symbols, or crafts that are related to their faith? They would probably search on christian crafts.

I have a book on magical crafts, and one of the crafts is a talking stick. Now a talking stick is someone that probably anyone of any faith could benefit from, and enjoy using. But this particular book also has how to make your own tarot cards grin So, that would definately be considered pagan. Where a christian craft book may have how to make a decorative bible using a bar of soap, a paper doily, and some decorative pins and ribbons.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Trish-D Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Yes, what Deanna said.:) And also the end use can make the craft pagan or generally religious. My husband does bookbinding and has made blank journals. These can easily be adapted to be magical or medication journals which I've done. A walking stick can be a staff you use in ritual and so on.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
Gecko
Gecko
And for the above answers is the exact reason why I wanted to open a site smile In my opinion all crafts are magical no matter what belief you follow but what I am trying to do is bring more decorating ideas to everyone. Does that help explain it ?

Trish-D #405341 04/10/08 07:22 PM
F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
This site doesn't feature specifically Pagan crafts, but it is a wonderful site if you haven't heard of it already. Craftster.org is a great site that features forums where you can post your craftiness for the inspiration of others. There are so many wonderful ideas on here!

Just thought I would share.

#405346 04/10/08 07:29 PM
Trish-D Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Thank you froggie. I love looking at craft sites. You can get such inspiration from them.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
Trish-D #407013 04/14/08 11:05 PM
Amoeba
Amoeba
Would this be a good place to discuss the subject of Pagan art, or is it strictly crafts?

Last edited by tiamat4; 04/14/08 11:06 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.