Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
When I prepare my grocery list (I haven't checked Scott Common Sense yet) I put the items on my sheet in the order in which the store is laid out. It's a great help as I go around the store so that I don't have to keep checking the list to be sure I have picked up everything.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
That's a great idea! It makes it so much easier when you get to the store. The list on scott common sense is similar to that. It groups items by type - produce, breads, deli, dairy, etc. - in most stores they are all laid out together. It's been helpful but actually tends to add items to my list, haha. I see foods on the checklist and think I should add them too. Oh well!

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Originally Posted By: ScottyGirl
It groups items by type - produce, breads, deli, dairy, etc. - in most stores they are all laid out together. It's been helpful but actually tends to add items to my list, haha. I see foods on the checklist and think I should add them too. Oh well!

That's probably what they hope will happen. Supermarkets are fascinating the way they are laid out. I have to admit, the only thing that is common to all of them is the outside wall - Produce, meat, dairy. The rest is set up to tantalize us into buying more than we need.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I really am going to try to plan my shopping trips better for August, as part of my frugal living August plan. We'll see if it helps! Right now I just wander aimlessly and grab things.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I used to do out a monthly calendar of our meals (been slacking on it for quite a while now - probably since my gastric bypass).

But I would figure in 2 nights to go out somewhere nice to eat, 2 nights to grab fast food, then literally plan out a menu for every other night.

We didn't have to eat said meal on the night it was written, but I would just mark through the meal on the calendar when we had eaten it.

It not only helped with our budget, but it also help healthwise, too. Because I could see that I had this many meal planned out with chicken, this many with beef, this many meatless, etc. and I could balance it out thats way.

And I also included at least 4 slowcooker meals on there (basically 1 for each week) - for days that I knew I would be running around like nuts, but we would need something nutritious.

Then I could go do my bulk shopping at Sam's, and only need to go to my local grocery about once a week for fresh produce and milk.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
I love my slow cooker - don't use it much during the summer but the rest of the year it is a big time saver. I put it on in the morning before I go to work and voila, dinner is just about ready when I get home. All I have to do is add the vegetables. Stews, chicken, barbecue, whatever I can put together. Whenever I get home from work, my DH always asks, "What's for dinner?" and he's generally home. He will remind me about any left overs in the fridge. Sometimes that helps; but he's notorious for putting together some weird meals made up of left overs.

Amoeba
Amoeba
Lisa, I'm with you, I use both an electronic calendar and a paper calendar. I love the conveinience of the reminders and my Outlook task list, but I also love being able to write in my calendar and keep track of events that way. The kitchen calendar is necessary as if it is not dept up to date I always near "You never told me!" That way, I have a back up defense, whether I did or not, if it's on the calendar, they can see it in writing.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
Sarah... I'll probably have to bring in the paper again when my children are older. Now, they are all still young enough that they rely on me to tell them when and where (to bring them as well). My oldest is 7.

I was just yearning for my paper calendar again (I last had a Mom Agenda) and then spoke with a friend who told me she was going electronic - it was too hard to have everything in three different places.

I did have one of those magnetic write on/wipe off weekly calendars. I had to take that down when our new fridge was non-magnetic. I tried to invent one that I could carry with me - to no avail. smile

Lisa Pinkus

Moms Site
A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
At work we use electronic calendars but I still need and like to use paper calendars. I used a clio for awhile but I much prefer paper. I did not get a daytimer refill this year yet but I do have a hard back book-calendar that I may use.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KellyJayne - Organization 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.